General Laws of Massachusetts Relating to the Manufacture and Sale of Gas and Electricity by Persons and Corporations: Both Private and Municipal, Comprising the Provisions of the Revised Laws with Subsequent Legislation to and Including the Acts of the Year 1910. Also the Special Laws Relating to the Boston Consolidated Gas Company, the Act of 1910 to Provide for the Abatement of Smoke in Boston and Vicinity, and a Table of All Special Laws Relating to the Manufacture and Sale of Gas and Electricity
Wright & Potter printing Company, state printers, 1910 - 225 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
Act to authorize Act to incorporate action Amended amount annually apply appointed approval assessed association board of gas bonds Boston capital stock cause cent certificate chapter one hundred city or town commonwealth Consolidated contract corporation court damages debt determine directors distributing duties effect electric light commissioners employee established expenses filed five fixed four franchise fund furnish gas and electric Gas Company Gas Light Company gas or electricity give heat hour hundred hundred dollars increase inspector interest issue less liabilities lines manner manufacture Mass meeting ment meter municipal necessary notice operating organized otherwise owner paid pany payment person pipes plant poles preceding section provisions of section purchase reasonable receive record relative Repealed Revised Laws secretary selectmen sell shares stockholders street supplied thereof thirty tion transfer treasurer unless vote wires
117. lappuse - No attachment or levy upon shares of stock for which a certificate is outstanding shall be valid until such certificate be actually seized by the officer making the attachment or levy, or be surrendered to the corporation which issued it, or its transfer by the holder be enjoined.
118. lappuse - In any case not provided for by this act, the rules of law and equity, including the law merchant, and in particular the rules relating to the law of principal and agent, executors, administrators and trustees, and to the effect of fraud, misrepresentation, duress or coercion, mistake, bankruptcy, or other invalidating cause, shall govern.
87. lappuse - ... no laborer, workman or mechanic in the employ of the contractor, subcontractor or other person doing or contracting to do the whole or a part of the work...
117. lappuse - That a creditor whose debtor is the owner of an order bill shall be entitled to such aid from courts of appropriate jurisdiction by injunction and otherwise in attaching such bill or in satisfying the claim by means thereof as is allowed at law or in equity in regard to property which cannot readily be attached or levied upon by ordinary legal process.
114. lappuse - ... person appearing by the certificate to be the owner of the shares represented thereby.
119. lappuse - Delivery'' means voluntary transfer of possession from one person to another. "Person" includes a corporation or partnership or two or more persons having a joint or common interest. "To purchase" includes to take as mortgagee or as pledgee.
110. lappuse - Association, with the powers, rights, and privileges, and subject to the limitations, duties, and restrictions, which by law appertain thereto. Witness...
42. lappuse - An act to regulate commerce,' approved February fourth, eighteen hundred and eighty-seven, or of any amendment thereof, on the ground or for the reason that the testimony or evidence, documentary or otherwise, required of him may tend to criminate him or subject him to a penalty or forfeiture, But no person shall be prosecuted or subjected to any penalty or forfeiture for or on account of any transaction, matter, or thing concerning which he may testify or produce evidence, documentary or otherwise,...
119. lappuse - Value" is any consideration sufficient to support a simple contract. An antecedent or pre-existing obligation, whether for money or not, constitutes value where a receipt is taken either in satisfaction thereof or as security therefor. "Warehouseman" means a person lawfully engaged in the business of storing goods for profit. (2) A thing is done "in good faith...
117. lappuse - That the instrument is genuine and in all respects what it purports to be ; 2. That he has a good title to it; 3. That all prior parties had capacity to contract; 4. That he has no knowledge of any fact which would impair the validity of the instrument or render it valueless.