Retirement System for Interstate Carriers' Employees: Hearing[s] Before the Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce, House of Representatives, Seventy-fifth Congress, First Session, on H.R. 6956, a Bill to Amend an Act Entitled "An Act to Establish a Retirement System for Employees of Carriers Subject to the Interstate Commerce Act", and for Other Purposes, Approved August 29, 1935. May 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, and 21, 1937
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1937 - 156 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
agreement amendment amount annuity answer appear apply Association August authority begin benefits bill BOREN Brotherhood BULWINKLE carriers CHAIRMAN civil service COLE Commerce committee compensation computing Congress continue course courts covered death December defined determined disability effect eligible employees employment enactment date engaged entitled existing expenses fact FLETCHER give HALLECK HARRISON hear instance interest January KENNEY LATIMER legislation less MAPES MARTIN matter MCALLISTER mean ment month monthly operation organization paid particular payments pension percent perhaps period person present present law prior prior service proposed provides question Railroad Retirement railway reason receive record reduction referred relation rendered representatives respect Retirement Board roads Security selected statement subsequent suggested term thing tion understand unions United workers
15. lappuse - employer" shall not include any street, interurban, or suburban electric railway, unless such railway is operating as a part of a general steam-railroad system of transportation, but shall not exclude any part of the...
5. lappuse - Act of 1923, as amended, and may, without regard to the provisions of the civil-service laws and the Classification Act...
6. lappuse - For such purpose such obligations may be acquired (1) on original issue at par, or (2) by purchase of outstanding obligations at the market price. The purposes for which obligations of the United States may be issued under the Second Liberty Bond Act, as amended, are hereby extended to authorize the issuance at par of special obligations exclusively to the Trust Fund.
4. lappuse - ... prior to the expiration of the term for which his predecessor was appointed shall be appointed for the remainder of such term; and (2) the terms of office of the members first taking office after the date of enactment of this Act...
144. lappuse - In the appointment of officials and the selection of employees for said Corporation, and in the promotion of any such employees or officials, no political test or qualification shall be permitted or given consideration, but. all such appointments and promotions shall be given and made on the basis of merit and efficiency.
7. lappuse - Board and shall have authority to recommend to the Board such changes in actuarial methods as they may deem necessary. The compensation of the members of the committee of actuaries, exclusive of the member designated by the Secretary, shall be fixed by the Board on a per-diem basis.