Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
accept according action affirming agent agreed apply arrival authority becomes bill of lading bound Carr carriage carried cause charge circumstances citing claim Commission common carrier connecting consignee consignor contract course court damages defendant delay delivered delivery demand destination determined directed discrimination duty effect entitled established evidence excuse fact failure freight furnish give given held hold Interstate Commerce known liable loss manner matter means N. Y. Supp necessary negligence notice owner package particular party person plaintiff port preference proper question Rail Railroad Co railroad company Railway Railway Co rates reasonable receive refused remove responsible rier road route rule S. W. Rep sent ship shipment shipper taken tendered tion transportation United unless usage vehicles vessel
586. lappuse - Commission (and produce books and papers if so ordered) and give evidence touching the matter in question: and any failure to obey such order of the court may be punished by such court as a contempt thereof.
586. lappuse - ... keep itself informed as to the manner and method in which the same is conducted, and shall have the right to obtain from such common carriers full and complete information necessary to enable the Commission to perform the duties and carry out the objects for which it was created...
659. lappuse - We do not say that there may not be other matters to be regarded in estimating the value of the property.
586. lappuse - Such attendance of witnesses, and the production of such documentary evidence, may be required from any place in the United States, at any designated place of hearing.
585. lappuse - ... the date of the taking effect of this Act, the term of each to be designated by the President, but their successors shall be appointed for terms of seven years, except that any person chosen to fill a vacancy shall be appointed only for the unexpired term of the commissioner whom he shall succeed.
609. lappuse - railroad" as used in this act shall include all bridges and ferries used or operated in connection with any railroad, and also all the road in use by any corporation operating a railroad, whether owned or operated under a contract, agreement, or lease; and the term "transportation" shall include all instrumentalities of shipment or carriage.
631. lappuse - Columbia, or to any foreign country, any article or commodity, other than timber and the manufactured products thereof, manufactured, mined, or produced by it, or under its authority, or which it may own in whole, or in part, or in which it may have any interest direct or indirect except such articles or commodities as may be necessary and intended for its use in the conduct of its business as a common carrier.
600. lappuse - ... property may be delivered or over whose line or lines such property may pass, and no contract, receipt, rule, or regulation shall exempt such common carrier, railroad, or transportation company from the liability hereby imposed: Provided, That nothing in this section shall deprive any holder of such receipt or bill of lading of any remedy or right of action which he has under existing law.
577. lappuse - That the provisions of this act shall not apply to the transportation of passengers or property, or to the receiving, delivering, storage or handling of property wholly within one State, and not shipped to or from a foreign country from or to any State or Territory as aforesaid.
587. lappuse - Reasonable notice must first be given in writing by the party or his attorney proposing to take such deposition to the opposite party or his attorney* of record, as either may be nearest, which notice shall state the name of the witness and the time and place of the taking of his deposition.