Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
American amount appears arrived average Bank bbls become bill Boston British Canal capital carried cause cent close Commerce Company compared considerable cost cotton course debt December demand dollars duties effect England entered equal established exports fact feet foreign France freight give given gold hand hundred important increase Insurance interest iron Island January July labor Lake land lead less Manufactures March means Merchants miles mines months notes November opened operation paid parties passed period persons port present principle produce quantity Railroad receipts received returns River roads season ship South statement taken tion tons trade United vessels West whole York
681. lappuse - Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
28. lappuse - I confess I am not charmed with the ideal of life held out by those who think that the normal state of human beings is that of struggling to get on; that the trampling, crushing, elbowing, and treading on each other's heels, which form the existing type of social life, are the most desirable lot of human kind, or anything but the disagreeable symptoms of one of the phases of industrial progress.
682. lappuse - ... that they be not high-minded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy ; that they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate, laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.
673. lappuse - And Huram sent him by the hands of his servants ships, and servants that had knowledge of the sea; and they went with the servants of Solomon to Ophir, and took thence four hundred and fifty talents of gold, and brought them to king Solomon.
675. lappuse - Here's to the United States," said the first speaker, " bounded on the north by British America, on the south by the Gulf of Mexico, on the east by the Atlantic, and on the west by the Pacific Ocean.
609. lappuse - ... unless the same shall be authorized by some law for some single object or work, to be distinctly specified therein, which law shall provide ways and means, exclusive of loans, for the payment of the interest of such debt or liability as it falls due, and 'also to pay and discharge the principal of such debt or liability within twenty years from the time of the contracting thereof...
93. lappuse - The present convention shall be in force for the term of ten years from the date hereof; and further, until the end of twelve months after either of the high ' contracting parties shall have given notice to the other of its intention to terminate the same...
30. lappuse - What does he therefore, but resolves to give over toiling, and to find himself out some factor, to whose care and credit he may commit the whole managing of his religious affairs; some divine of note and estimation that must be. To him he adheres, resigns the whole warehouse of his religion, with all the locks and keys, into his custody; and indeed makes the very person of that man his religion: esteems his associating with him a sufficient evidence and commendatory of his own piety.
618. lappuse - And whereas the said convention has been duly ratified on both parts, and the ratifications of the two Governments were exchanged in the city of Washington, on the...
609. lappuse - The legislature shall not in any manner create any debt or debts, liability or liabilities, which shall singly, or in the aggregate, with any previous debts or liabilities, exceed the sum of three hundred thousand dollars, except in case of war, to repel invasion or suppress insurrection...