International Development Association, Hearings Before a Subcommittee of ..., 85-2 on S.Res. 264 ..., March 18, 19, and 20, 1958
1958 - 350 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
84th Congress able abroad additional administration agency agree agreements agricultural America amount appropriate areas assistance authorized basis capital Chairman committee commodities Congress consideration contribution Corporation Department developed countries Development Loan Fund DILLON dollars economic economic development equivalent established exchange export Export-Import Bank fact financing follows foreign aid foreign currencies give going Government grants hard currencies HOFFMAN idea important India industrial institution interest International Bank International Development Association investment Italy lending less local currencies March materials ment million multilateral mutual operation organization Pakistan percent possible present President problem projects proposal Public Law 480 purchase question reason received repayment resolution Secretary Senator CAPEHART Senator MONRONEY soft statement surplus thing tion trade Treasury underdeveloped United World Bank
323. lappuse - To assist in the reconstruction and development of territories of members by facilitating the investment of capital for productive purposes, including the restoration of economies destroyed or disrupted by war, the reconversion of productive facilities to peacetime needs and the encouragement of the development of productive facilities and resources in less developed countries.
296. lappuse - Title I of the Agricultural Trade Development and Assistance Act of 1954 (Public Law 480, as amended) authorizes US Government financing of sales of US agricultural commodities to friendly countries on concessional credit terms.
288. lappuse - Government to the extent that they make or participate in the making of foreign loans or engage in foreign, financial, exchange or monetary transactions.
323. lappuse - To promote the long-range balanced growth of international trade and the maintenance of equilibrium in balances of payments by encouraging international investment for the development of the productive resources of members, thereby assisting in raising productivity, the standard of living, and conditions of labour in their territories.
323. lappuse - To conduct its operations with due regard to the effect of international investment on business conditions in the territories of members and, in the immediate post-war years, to assist in bringing about a smooth transition from a wartime to a peacetime economy.
92. lappuse - In order to prevent the waste of commodities whether in private stocks or acquired through price-support operations by the Commodity Credit Corporation before they can be disposed of in normal domestic channels without impairment of the price-support program...
62. lappuse - Each member shall deal with the Bank only through its Treasury, central bank, stabilization fund or other similar fiscal agency, and the Bank shall deal with members only by or through the same agencies.
333. lappuse - Bank shall be $10,000,000,000, in terms of United States dollars of the weight and fineness in effect on July 1 , 1944.
91. lappuse - Communist-action organization" means (a) any organization in the United States (other than a diplomatic representative or mission of a foreign government accredited as such by the Department of State) which (i) is substantially directed, dominated, or controlled by the foreign government or foreign organization controlling the world Communist movement...