International Development Association: Hearings Before a Subcommittee of the Committee on Banking and Currency, United States Senate, Eighty-fifth Congress, Second Session, on S. Res. 264, a Resolution to Promote the Establishment of an International Development Association in Cooperation with the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development. March 18, 19, and 20, 1958
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1958 - 350 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
able abroad additional administration agency agree agreement agricultural American amount appropriations areas assistance authorized balance basis capital committee commodities Congress consideration contribute cooperation Corporation countries Department Development Loan DILLON dollars economic economic development editorial equivalent establishment exchange export Export-Import Bank financing foreign aid foreign currencies funds give going Government grants hard currencies HOFFMAN idea important India industrial institution interest International Bank International Development Association investment Italy lending less LIBRARY Loan Fund loans local currencies March ment million multilateral mutual operation organization Pakistan percent possible present President problem projects proposal Public Law 480 purchase question received resolution Russian Secretary Senator CAPEHART Senator MONRONEY soft statement surplus thing tion trade Treasury trying underdeveloped United World Bank
255. lappuse - To assist in the reconstruction and development of territories of members by facilitating the investment of capital for productive purposes, including the restoration of economies destroyed or disrupted by war, the reconversion of productive facilities to peacetime needs and the encouragement of the development of productive facilities and resources in less developed countries.
251. lappuse - Government to the extent that they make or participate in the making of foreign loans or engage in foreign, financial, exchange or monetary transactions.
251. lappuse - Title I of the Agricultural Trade Development and Assistance Act of 1954 (Public Law 480, as amended) authorizes US Government financing of sales of US agricultural commodities to friendly countries on concessional credit terms.
200. lappuse - Agreement shall enter into force upon signature. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the respective representatives, duly authorized for the purpose, have signed the present Agreement. DONE...
200. lappuse - CONSULTATION The two Governments will, upon the request of either of them consult regarding any matter relating to the application of this Agreement or to the operation of arrangements carried out pursuant to this Agreement.
255. lappuse - To conduct its operations with due regard to the effect of international investment on business conditions in the territories of members and, in the immediate post-war years, to assist in bringing about a smooth transition from a wartime to a peacetime economy.
58. lappuse - Each member shall deal with the Bank only through its Treasury, central bank, stabilization fund or other similar fiscal agency, and the Bank shall deal with members only by or through the same agencies.
329. lappuse - Bank shall be $10,000,000,000, in terms of United States dollars of the weight and fineness in effect on July 1 , 1944.
255. lappuse - ... and when private capital is not available on reasonable terms, to supplement private investment by providing, on suitable conditions, finance for productive purposes out of its own capital, funds raised by it and its other resources.