Investment Trusts and Investment Companies: Hearings Before a Subcommittee of the Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce, House of Representatives, Seventy-sixth Congress, Third Session, on H.R. 10065, a Bill to Provide for the Registration and Regulation of Investment Companies and Investment Advisers, and for Other Purposes. June 13 and 14, 1940
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1940 - 145 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
affiliated amended amount application assets authorized bank bill BOREN capital centum Chairman charges COLE Commission committee connection contained contract corporation counsel court directors distribution effect engaged exemption face-amount certificate fact filed finds funds HEALY hearings holders holding industry installment interest interstate commerce investment adviser investment trust investors issued issuer least less load mails majority means ment months offering officer operate organized otherwise outstanding paragraph payment percent period permit person practice prescribe present principal protection provision purchase pursuant reason record referred registered company registered investment company representing reserve respect rules and regulations SCHENKER Securities and Exchange sell Senate senior securities shares similar situation specified statement subcommittee subsection thereof tion transactions underwriter United unlawful unless voting
46. lappuse - ... court may seem proper. The Commission may modify its findings as to the facts by reason of the additional evidence so taken, and it shall file with the court such modified or new findings, which, if supported by substantial evidence, shall be conclusive, and its recommendation, if any, for the modification or setting aside of the original order.
46. lappuse - Commission under this title may obtain a review of such order in the circuit court of appeals of the United States within any circuit wherein such person resides or has his principal place of business, or in the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, by filing in such court, within sixty days after the entry of such order, a written petition praying that the order of the Commission be modified or set aside in whole or in part.
41. lappuse - Security" means any note, stock, treasury stock, bond, debenture, evidence of indebtedness, certificate of interest or participation in any profit-sharing agreement, collateral-trust certificate, preorganization certificate or subscription, transferable share, investment contract, voting-trust certificate, certificate of deposit for a security, fractional undivided interest in oil, gas, or other mineral rights, or, in general, any interest or instrument commonly known as a "security...
4. lappuse - common trust fund" means a fund maintained by a bank (as defined in section 104) (1) exclusively for the collective investment and reinvestment of moneys contributed thereto by the bank in its capacity as a trustee, executor, administrator, or guardian...
87. lappuse - Investment adviser" means any person who, for compensation, engages in the business of advising others, either directly or through publications or writings, as to the value of securities or as to the advisability of investing in, purchasing, or selling securities, or who, for compensation and as part of a regular business, issues or promulgates analyses or reports concerning securities...
116. lappuse - ... necessary or appropriate in the public interest and consistent with the protection of investors and the purposes fairly intended by the policy and provisions of this title.
45. lappuse - Commission or any officer designated by it is empowered to administer oaths and affirmations, subpena witnesses, compel their attendance, take evidence, and require the production of any books, papers, correspondence, memoranda, or other records which the Commission deems relevant or material to the inquiry.
36. lappuse - System, notwithstanding that such rule or regulation may, after such act or omission, be amended or rescinded or be determined by judicial or other authority to be invalid for any reason.
45. lappuse - Act, he may make application to the appropriate court for an order enjoining such acts or practices, or for an order enforcing compliance with such provision, and upon a showing by the President that such person has engaged or is about to engage in any such acts or practices a permanent or temporary injunction, restraining order, or other order shall be granted without bond.