Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
activities addition Administration adult agencies agriculture American annual approximately areas assistance Association attending authorized Board buildings Bulletin Bureau citizens colleges colleges and universities Commission Committee completed concerned conference continued cooperation courses curriculum defense Department Division effective effort enrollment established experience facilities Federal Federal Security field fiscal foreign funds Government groups guidance held high schools higher education important improvement increased industrial institutions instruction interest living materials meet million needs Negroes Office of Education operation opportunity organizations percent persons physical planning population practices prepared present problems professional progress pupils received representatives responsibility result salaries school systems secondary schools served shortage social Social Security Administration staff supply survey teachers teaching tion United universities various vocational education youth
6. lappuse - Human history becomes more and more a race between Education and Catastrophe' (HG Wells, The Outline of History (1920)).
9. lappuse - The United States is pre-eminent among nations in the development of industrial and scientific techniques. The material resources which we can afford to use for the assistance of other peoples are limited. But our imponderable resources in technical knowledge are constantly growing and are inexhaustible.
524. lappuse - Organization is to contribute to peace and security by promoting collaboration among the nations through education, science and culture in order to further universal respect for justice, for the rule of law and for the human rights and fundamental freedoms which are affirmed for the peoples of the world without distinction of race, sex, language or religion by the Charter of the United Nations.
449. lappuse - Washington a department of education, for the purpose of collecting such statistics and facts as shall show the condition and progress of education in the several States and Territories, and of diffusing such information respecting the organization and management of schools and school systems, and methods of teaching, as shall aid the people of the United States in the establishment and maintenance of efficient school systems...
463. lappuse - An Act to promote the better understanding of the United States among the peoples of the world and to strengthen cooperative international relations"; section 110 (c) of the Act of April 3, 1948 (62 Stat.
12. lappuse - The Subcommittee on Labor and Labor-Management Relations of the Senate Committee on Labor and Public...
533. lappuse - President said, was to group together those agencies of the Government whose major purpose was to promote social and economic security, educational opportunity, and the health of the citizens of the Nation.
37. lappuse - A Manual on Certification Requirements for School Personnel in the United States (Washington, DC: National Education Association, National Commission on Teacher Education and Professional Standards, 1957, 1964, 1970).
6. lappuse - If our country is to retain its freedom in a world of conflicting political philosophies, we must take steps to assure that every American youth shall receive the highest level of training by which he can profit. A soundly conceived Federal scholarship program in our colleges and universities is a necessary step in attaining this goal.
6. lappuse - Education has been defined as a bulwark against the acids of fascism and communism. Neither of these totalitarian forms of government can survive examination by educated men and women -men and women free to search for the truth and imbued with the principles of liberty set forth in the preamble to the Constitution of the United States the greatest document of government, in my opinion, that has ever been written by the hand of man.