Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
accidents administration agreement American amount annual applying arbitration Association August average benefits building Bulletin Bureau causes cent City clothing coal commission Commissioner committee companies compared compensation cost countries court decisions decrease Department disability diseases earnings effect employed employees employment ending establishments expenses experience fact factory fatal fund give given Government hours of labor important increase industry injuries interest issued January July June labor legislation less lockouts manufacturing March ment methods mines months occupations operation organization paid period persons plant practical present production question rates received relating relative representatives result Retail prices safety schools Secretary secure September shows sickness social societies Statistics strikes tion trade union United wages week women workers workmen's compensation York
128. lappuse - District, which may require or involve the employment of laborers or mechanics shall contain a provision that no laborer or mechanic doing any part of the work contemplated by the contract in the employ of the contractor or any subcontractor contracting for any part of said work contemplated shall be required or permitted to work more than eight hours in any one calendar day...
142. lappuse - We admit, as all must admit, that the powers of the government are limited, and that its limits are not to be transcended. But we think the sound construction of the constitution must allow to the national legislature that discretion, with respect to the means by which the powers it confers are to be carried into execution, which will enable that body to perform the high duties assigned to it, in the manner most beneficial to the people.
39. lappuse - One of the original members shall be appointed for a term of one year, one for a term of two years, one for a term of three years, one for a term of...
32. lappuse - That no dealer shall be prosecuted under the provisions of this act when he can establish a guaranty signed by the wholesaler, jobber, manufacturer, or other party residing in the United States, from whom he purchases such articles, to the effect that the same is not adulterated or misbranded within the meaning of this act, designating it.
120. lappuse - Columbia, is hereby limited and restricted to eight hours in any one calendar day, and it shall be unlawful for any officer of the United States Government or of the District of Columbia or any such contractor or subcontractor whose duty it shall be to employ, direct, or control the...
141. lappuse - It is one thing to inquire whether the rates which have been charged and collected are reasonable that is a judicial act ; but an entirely different thing to prescribe rates which shall be charged in the future that is a legislative act.
24. lappuse - January 1, 1917, eight hours shall, in contracts for labor and service, be deemed a day's work and the measure or standard of a day's work...
38. lappuse - After deducting the amount of any compensation already paid to the beneficiary and the expenses of such realization or collection, which sum shall be placed to the credit of the employees...