The Supplemental Appropriation Bill, 1958: Hearings, Eighty-fifth Congress, First Session on H.R. 9131, an Act Making Supplemental Appropriations for the Fiscal Year Ending Jun3 30, 1958, and for Other Purposes
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1957 - 893 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
acres activities additional Administration agency agricultural Air Force airport American amount appropriation approved approximately Army assistance authority believe bill budget building Burke Chairman HAYDEN Chantilly Commission committee complete Congress construction continue cost County cover Defense Department effect equipment estimate expenses facilities fact Fairfax Federal field figure fiscal year 1958 flood follows funds going Government holding House increase indicated installation interest inventory June land limited loans located meet miles military million Navy necessary operation Panama percent planning possible prepared present problem proposed Public question real property record referred represent request result Secretary Senator ELLENDER Senator HOLLAND Senator MAGNUSON Senator THYE statement tion United Washington
75. lappuse - Act, as amended, and for other purposes, submit the following statement in explanation of the effect of the action agreed upon by the conferees and recommended in the accompanying conference report: The...
85. lappuse - Government, including independent agencies, is authorized and directed to furnish to the Commission, upon request made by the Chairman or Vice Chairman, such information as the Commission deems necessary to carry out its functions under this joint resolution.
44. lappuse - If any bill presented to the Governor contain several items of appropriation of money, he may object to one or more of such items while approving of the other portion of the bill. In such case, he shall append to the bill, at the time of signing it, a statement of the items to which he objects; and the appropriation so objected to shall not take effect.
84. lappuse - Vacancies in the membership of the joint committee shall not affect the power of the remaining members to execute the functions of the joint committee, and shall be filled in the same manner as in the case of the original selection. The joint committee shall select a chairman and a vice chairman from among its members.
45. lappuse - civilian component" means the civilian persons of United States nationality who are in the employ of, serving with, or accompanying the United States armed forces...
84. lappuse - Commission (hereinafter referred to as the commission), which shall be composed of five commissioners, who shall be appointed by the President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate.
74. lappuse - Act of 1948, as amended, and for other purposes, having met, after full and free conference, have agreed to recommend and do recommend to their respective Houses as follows: That the House recede from its disagreement to the amendment of the Senate...
85. lappuse - Commission, may conduct hearings. (f) Members of Congress who are members of the Commission shall serve without compensation in addition to that received for their services as Members of Congress ; but they shall be reimbursed for travel, subsistence, and other necessary expenses incurred by them in the performance of the duties vested in the Commission.
43. lappuse - Pending the making of such a proposal and affirmative action thereon, the United States will have the right to exercise all and any powers of administration, legislation and jurisdiction over the territory and inhabitants of these islands, including their territorial waters.