Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
academic action agency amended American amount appropriate areas assistance Association authorized believe bill buildings Chairman Commissioner committee concerned Congress constitutional construction continue cost council course Court determine Education Act effect elementary and secondary English enrollment established facilities fact Federal Federal Government feel field fiscal FRELINGHUYSEN funds give going graduate grants GREEN hearings high school higher education important improvement increase individual institutions interest kind language legislation limited loans means meet million National Defense Office opportunity percent PERKINS persons position preparation present problem projects proposed question QUIE reason respect statement teachers teaching technical thing tion United universities vocational education
351. lappuse - The fundamental theory of liberty upon which all governments in this Union repose excludes any general power of the State to standardize its children by forcing them to accept instruction from public teachers only. The child is not the mere creature of the State; those who nurture him and direct his destiny have the right, coupled with the high duty, to recognize and prepare him for additional obligations.
52. lappuse - Commissioner may thereupon make new or modified findings of fact and may modify his previous action, and shall file in the court the record of the further proceedings. Such new or modified findings of fact shall likewise be conclusive if supported by substantial evidence.
58. lappuse - ... is accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association or, if not so accredited, is an institution whose credits are accepted, on transfer, by not less than three institutions which are so accredited, for credit on the same basis as if transferred from an institution so accredited.
10. lappuse - Such notes or other obligations shall bear interest at a rate determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, taking into consideration the current average market yield on outstanding marketable obligations of the United States of comparable maturities during the month preceding the issuance of the notes or other obligations.
43. lappuse - Vocational education for persons who have academic, socio-economic, or other handicaps that prevent them from succeeding in the regular vocational education program...
685. lappuse - I know also, that laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths disclosed, and manners and opinions change with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also, and keep pace with the times.
62. lappuse - State library administrative agency ; and "(4) provide assurance that all laborers and mechanics employed by contractors or subcontractors on all construction projects assisted under this Act shall be paid wages at rates not less than those prevailing on similar construction in the locality, as determined by the Secretary of Labor in accordance with the Davis-Bacon Act.
46. lappuse - Nothing contained in this Act shall be construed to authorize any department, agency, officer, or employee of the United States to exercise any direction, supervision, or control over the curriculum, program of instruction, administration, or personnel of any educational institution or school system...
11. lappuse - (1) prescribe such regulations as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of this part; "(2) sue and be sued in any court of record of a State having general jurisdiction or in any district court of the United States, and such district courts shall have jurisdiction of civil actions arising under this...