To Amend the Interstate Commerce Act, Undercharges and Overcharges: Hearings Before the Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce, House of Representatives, Eightieth Congress, First Session, on H.R. 2324 and H.R. 2295, Bills to Amend the Interstate Commerce Act, as Amended. March 18 and 19, 1947
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1947 - 53 lappuses
Considers legislation to limit common carriers overcharge and undercharge recovery time.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action accrues action at law amend the Interstate AMERICAN TRUCKING ASSOCIATIONS annual report apply Arizona Grocery attorney's fees award damages award of damages award of reparation beginning action Bell Potato Chip carriers by motor CARSON cause of action Chairman charges in respect Chicago common carriers complaint Congress district court doctrine enacted entitled extended to include Federal forwarder rates freight forwarders subject HARRIS HINSHAW Industrial Traffic League International Coal Interstate Commerce Act Interstate Commerce Commission Jennings bill jurisdiction LAWRENCE Lehigh Valley Railroad liability Marionville MORROW motor carriers motor vehicle National Industrial Traffic O'HARA operate overcharges and undercharges payment Pennsylvania Railroad period of limitation prescribed provisions public wrong published rate rail carriers rail rates railroads rate charged reasonable rate recover recovery of damages referred section 16 section 308 shipper statement statute of limitations suit thereof tion transportation truck two-year period unlawful unreasonable charge violation water carriers WOLVERTON
3. lappuse - ... together with a reasonable counsel or attorney's fee, to be fixed by the court in every case of recovery, which attorney's fee shall be taxed and collected as part of the costs In the case.
4. lappuse - Such suit in the district court of the United States shall proceed in all respects like other civil suits for damages, except that on the trial of such suit the findings and order of the commission shall be prima facie evidence of the facts therein stated...
2. lappuse - ... period of limitation said period shall be extended to include six months from the time notice in writing is given by the carrier to the claimant of disallowance of the claim, or any part or parts thereof, specified in the notice.
40. lappuse - Act required to be done, such common carrier shall be liable to the person or persons injured thereby for the full amount of damages sustained in consequence of any such violation...
2. lappuse - The cause of action in respect of a shipment of property shall, for the purposes of this section, be deemed to accrue upon delivery or tender of delivery thereof by the carrier, and not after.
6. lappuse - All complaints for the recovery of damages shall be filed with the Commission within two years from the time the cause of action accrues, and not after...
5. lappuse - Commission by petition, which shall briefly state the facts; whereupon a statement of the charges thus made shall be forwarded by the Commission to such common carrier, who shall be called upon to satisfy the complaint or to answer the same in writing within a reasonable time, to be specified by the Commission.
5. lappuse - ... it shall be the duty of the commission to investigate the matters complained of in such manner and by such means as it shall deem proper.
5. lappuse - Act for a violation thereof, the commission shall make an order directing the carrier to pay to the complainant the sum to which he is entitled on or before a day named.
3. lappuse - That in case any common carrier subject to the provisions of this Act shall do, cause to be done, or permit to be done, any act, matter, or thing in this Act prohibited or declared to be unlawful, or shall omit to do any act, matter, or thing in this Act required...