Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
accused action alleged amount answer appears applied assessment authority bill bonds cause charged Circuit Court claim Commission Congress considered Constitution contract corporation decided decision decree defendant denied determined direction District duty effect entered Equalization evidence existence fact Federal filed franchise further given granted ground hand held indictment interest issue judgment jurisdiction jury JUSTICE lands legislation March matter meaning ment Mississippi motion named necessary officers operation Opinion original Pacific Railroad paid parties passed patent person petition plaintiff in error possession present probate proceedings purchase question Railroad Company Railway rates reason receiver record Red River referred removal representatives respect road rule Stat Statement statute Supreme Court survey taken term Territory Texas thereof tion treaty trial United witness
247. lappuse - That it shall be unlawful for any common carrier subject to the provisions of this act to make or give any undue or unreasonable preference or advantage to any particular person, company, firm, corporation, or locality, or any particular description of traffic, in any respect whatsoever...
245. lappuse - All charges made for any service rendered or to be rendered in the transportation of passengers or property as aforesaid, or in connection therewith, or for the receiving, delivering, storage, or handling of such property, shall be reasonable and just; and every unjust and unreasonable charge for such service is prohibited and declared to be unlawful.
245. lappuse - America in congress assembled, that the provisions of this act shall apply to any common carrier or carriers engaged in the transportation of passengers or property wholly by railroad, or partly by railroad and partly by water when both are used, under a common control, management or arrangement, for a continuous carriage or shipment...
214. lappuse - That upon application to the Commission appointed under the provisions of this act, such common carrier may, in special cases, after investigation by the Commission, be authorized to charge less for longer than for shorter distances for the transportation of passengers or property; and the Commission may from time to time prescribe the extent to which such designated common carrier may be relieved from the operation of this section of this act SEC.
214. lappuse - ... keep itself informed as to the manner and method in which the same is conducted...
245. lappuse - Provided, however, That the provisions of this act shall not apply to the transportation of passengers or property, or to the receiving, delivering, storage, or handling of property, wholly within one State, and not shipped to or from a foreign country from or to any State or Territory as aforesaid.
215. lappuse - Commission, it shall be its duty to make a report in writing in respect thereto, which shall include the findings of fact upon which the conclusions of the Commission are based, together with its recommendation as to what reparation, if any, should be made by the common carrier to any party or parties who may be found to have been injured ; and such findings so made shall thereafter, in all judicial proceedings, be deemed prima facie evidence as to each and every fact found.
278. lappuse - ... the highest court of a State in which a decision could be had, where is drawn in question the validity of a treaty or statute of the United States ; or where is drawn in question the validity of a statute of any State, on the ground of its being...
483. lappuse - Kent, or the custom of any borough, or any other particular custom, shall be in writing, and signed by the party so devising the same, or by some other person in his presence, and by his express direction; and shall be attested and subscribed in the presence of the said devisor, by three or four credible witnesses, or else they shall be utterly void, and of none effect...