Equal Employment Opportunity, 1965: Hearings, Eighty-ninth Congress, First Session
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1965 - 296 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action additional administrative agency amended answer application appropriate Attorney authority basis believe bill Board cause Chairman charge Civil Rights Act color commerce Commission Commissioner committee complaint conciliation Congress Constitution court covered determine discrimination district effective employ employer enforcement Equal Employment Opportunity established evidence existing fact fair employment Federal filed further give given going Government groups hearing hire House Illinois individual institute interest issue jurisdiction labor organization legislation limited matter means ment national origin Negro operation parties person position present President problem procedures proceeding programs provisions question race reasonable record regulations Relations religion representatives request require respect respondent result ROOSEVELT Senator statement statute subsection testimony tion title VII union United unlawful employment practice vote witnesses York
209. lappuse - ... 1 ) to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual's race, color, religion, sex, or national origin...
2. lappuse - Upon such filing, the court shall cause notice thereof to be served upon such person, and thereupon shall have jurisdiction of the proceeding and of the question determined therein, and shall have power to grant such temporary relief or restraining order as it deems just and proper, and to make and enter upon the pleadings, testimony, and proceedings set forth in such transcript a decree enforcing, modifying, and enforcing as so modified, or setting aside in whole or in part the order of the commission.
211. lappuse - ... preferential treatment to any individual or to any group because of the race, color, religion, sex, or national origin of such individual or group on account of an imbalance which may exist with respect to the total number or percentage of persons of any race, color, religion, sex, or national origin employed by any employer...
255. lappuse - ... bona fide occupational qualification reasonably necessary to the normal operation of that particular business or enterprise...
206. lappuse - States for the District of Columbia, within the jurisdiction of which the inquiry is carried on or within the jurisdiction of which said person guilty of contumacy or refusal to obey is found or resides or transacts business...
199. lappuse - ... permanent or temporary injunction, restraining order or other order against the person or persons responsible for such pattern or practice, as he deems necessary to insure the full enjoyment of the rights herein described.
2. lappuse - No objection that has not been urged before the Board, its member, agent, or agency, shall be considered by the court, unless the failure or neglect to urge such objection shall be excused because of extraordinary circumstances.
9. lappuse - Clarence Mitchell, director of the Washington Bureau of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
249. lappuse - Commission, on the ground that the testimony or evidence, documentary or otherwise, required of him, may tend to incriminate him or subject him to a penalty or forfeiture; but no individual shall be prosecuted or subjected to any penalty or forfeiture for or on account of any transaction, matter, or thing concerning which he is compelled, after having claimed his privilege against selfincrimination...
209. lappuse - ... affecting commerce" within the meaning of the Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act of 1959. (i) The term "State" includes a State of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, Wake Island, the Canal Zone, and Outer Continental Shelf lands defined in the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act.