Federal Tort Claims Act: Hearings Before the Subcommittee on Agency Administration of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, Ninety-seventh Congress, First Session, on S. 1775 ....
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1982
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action addition administrative agency agents alleged Amendment amount appeal arising Association Attorney authority believe bill Bivens brought capacities cause Chairman citizens civil Committee concerned conduct Congress constitutional rights constitutional torts continue counsel damages decision defendant Department Department of Justice deterrent Director disciplinary District duties effect employment enforcement example exclusive executives fact faith faith defense Federal employees Federal Tort Claims fees filed Force going Government employees immunity important individual Institute interest involved issue judgment jury kind lawsuit legislation litigation managers ment military officials particularly performance personal liability personnel plaintiff position possibility present problem proposed protect question reasons remedy represent responsible result scope Senator GRASSLEY Service statement Subcommittee substitute sued suits Supreme Court taken testimony Thank things tion Tort Claims Act trial United violations
182. lappuse - Government, exercising due care in the execution of a statute or regulation, whether or not such statute or regulation be valid, or based upon the exercise or performance or the failure to exercise or perform a discretionary function or duty on the part of a federal agency or an employee of the Government, whether or not the discretion involved be abused.
179. lappuse - An action shall not be instituted upon a claim against the United States for money damages for injury or loss of property or personal injury or death caused by the negligent or wrongful act or omission of any employee of the Government while acting within the scope of his office or employment, unless the claimant shall have first presented the claim 15 CFR Subtitle A (1-1-97 Edition) to the appropriate Federal agency...
175. lappuse - Except as otherwise specifically provided by statute, a judgment for costs, as enumerated in section 1920 of this title, but not including the fees and expenses of attorneys, may be awarded to the prevailing party in any civil action brought by or against the United States...
175. lappuse - In the case of a refund, from the date of the overpayment to a date preceding the date of the refund check by not more than thirty days, such date to be determined by the Commissioner, whether or not such refund check is accepted by the taxpayer after tender of such check to the taxpayer.
183. lappuse - Any claim arising out of the combatant activities of the military or naval forces, or the Coast Guard, during time of war.
181. lappuse - States have original jurisdiction, may be removed by the defendant or the defendants, to the district court of the United States for the district and division embracing the place where such action is pending.
173. lappuse - The courts of appeals shall have jurisdiction of appeals from all final decisions of the district courts of the United States, the United States District Court for the District of the Canal Zone, the District Court of Guam, and the District Court of the Virgin Islands, except where a direct review may be had in the Supreme Court.
182. lappuse - Any claim arising out of an act or omission of any employee of the Government in administering the provisions of sections 1-31 of Title 50, Appendix. (f) Any claim for damages caused by the imposition or establishment of a quarantine by the United States.