Michigan Reports: Cases Decided in the Supreme Court of Michigan, 189. sējums
Michigan. Supreme Court, Randolph Manning, George C. Gibbs, Thomas McIntyre Cooley, Elijah W. Meddaugh, William Jennison, Hovey K. Clarke, James M. Reasoner, Hoyt Post, Henry Allen Chaney, William Dudley Fuller, John Adams Brooks, Marquis B. Eaton, Herschel Bouton Lazell, Richard W. Cooper
Phelphs & Stevens, printers, 1917
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
accident action adverse possession affirmed agreed alleged amount appears appellant application asked assignments authority bill BROOKE building called cause charge circuit claim Company complainant condition construction contract counsel court crossing damages death December Decided decree deed defendant defendant's determine directed drain duty east elevator engine entered error evidence execution fact feet filed further given ground held highway injury interest judge judgment jury land looked matter Mich Michigan MOORE motion negligence notice October operation opinion paid parties person plaintiff possession present proceedings purchase question Railroad Railway reason received record recover reference refused relator rule side statute stopped street Submitted suit testified testimony tion track train trial verdict wife witness
342. lappuse - Where the buyer, expressly or by implication, makes known to the seller the particular purpose for which the goods are required, and it appears that the buyer relies on the seller's skill or judgment (whether he be the grower or manufacturer or not), there is an implied warranty that the goods shall be reasonably fit for such purpose...
454. lappuse - The said notice shall be in writing, and shall state in ordinary language the time, place and cause of the injury; and shall be signed by the person injured, or by. a person in his behalf, or, in the event of his death, by his dependents or by a person in their behalf.
292. lappuse - No person shall operate a motor vehicle on a public highway at a rate of speed greater than is reasonable and proper, having regard to the traffic and use of the highway, or so as to endanger the life or limb of any person, or the safety of any property...
89. lappuse - ... every such conveyance not so recorded shall be void as against any subsequent purchaser, in good faith and for a valuable consideration of the same real estate, or any portion thereof, whose conveyance shall be first duly recorded.
199. lappuse - Every husband, wife, child, parent, guardian, employer or other person, who shall be injured in person or property, or means of support, by any intoxicated .person, or in consequence of the intoxication, habitual or otherwise, of any person, shall have a right of action in his or her own name, severally or jointly, against any person or persons who shall, by selling or giving intoxicating liquors, have caused the intoxication, in whole or in part, of such person...
362. lappuse - If the employee leaves dependents only partly dependent upon his earnings for support at the time of his injury, the weekly compensation to be paid as aforesaid shall be equal to the same proportion of the weekly payments for the benefit of persons wholly dependent as the amount contributed by the employee to such partial dependents bears to the annual earnings of the deceased at the time of his injury.
284. lappuse - States, as claimed by the learned counsel for the respondent, that the boarding or alighting from a moving train is presumably and generally a negligent act per se, and that, in order to rebut this presumption and justify a recovery for an injury sustained in getting on or off a moving train, it must appear that the passenger was, by the act of the defendant, put to an election between alternative dangers, or that something was done or said, or that some direction was given to the passenger by those...
89. lappuse - Every such conveyance not so recorded is void as against any subsequent purchaser in good faith and for a valuable consideration, from the same vendor, his heirs or devisees, of the same real property or any portion thereof, whose conveyance is first duly recorded.
454. lappuse - ... after the happening thereof, and unless the claim for compensation with respect to such injury shall have been made within six months after the occurrence of the same...