Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
accounts agent amount Answer apply arrangements Association authority bonds capital carried carrier cars cent Central charges Chicago City classification commerce Commission commissioners committee common carrier Complaint Complaint filed connection construction corporation court direction earnings effect existing expenses extended fact freight give given granted Hearing important income interest issued July June Lake land Louis manner matter Michigan mile mileage Missouri Narrow gauge necessary Northern Ohio operating opinion Pacific paid pany parties passenger person points present president provisions question rail Railroad Company Railway Company rates reasonable Received and filed referred regulate relation respect River road Saint secretary Sept Southern station tariffs Telegraph Company territory thereof tion trade traffic transportation Union United Valley Western York
72. lappuse - Commission (and produce books and papers if so ordered) and give evidence touching the matter in question, and any failure to obey such order of the court may be punished by such court as a contempt thereof.
71. lappuse - That it shall be unlawful for any common carrier subject to the provisions of this Act to charge or receive any greater compensation in the aggregate for the transportation of passengers or of like kind of property, under substantially similar circumstances and conditions, for a shorter than for a longer distance over the same line, in the same direction, the shorter being included within the longer distance...
71. lappuse - Provided, however. That the provisions of this act shall not apply to the transportation of passengers or property, or to the receiving, delivering, storage, or handling of property, wholly within one State, and not shipped to or from a foreign country from or to any State or Territory, as aforesaid.
201. lappuse - An act [to amend an act entitled an act] to aid in the construction of a railroad and telegraph line from the Missouri River to the Pacific Ocean, and to secure to the Government the use of the same for postal, military, and other purposes, approved July first, eighteen hundred and sixty-two," approved July second, eighteen hundred and sixty-four.
72. lappuse - Act, and shall keep itself informed as to the manner and method in which the same is conducted, and shall have the right to obtain from such common carriers full and complete information necessary to enable the Commission to perform the duties and carry out the objects for which it was created...
72. lappuse - Any of the district courts of the United States within the jurisdiction of which such inquiry is carried on...
71. lappuse - Act required to be done, such common carrier shall be liable to the person or persons injured thereby for the full amount of damages sustained in consequence of any such violation of the provisions of this Act...
72. lappuse - That in case any common carrier subject to the provisions of this Act shall do, cause to be done, or permit to be done, any act. matter, or thing in this Act prohibited or declared to be unlawful, or shall omit to do any act.
72. lappuse - ... the date of the taking effect of this Act, the term of each to be designated by the President, but their successors shall be appointed for terms of seven years, except that any person chosen to fill a vacancy shall be appointed only for the unexpired term of the commissioner whom he shall succeed.
75. lappuse - ... nothing in this Act contained shall in any way abridge or alter the remedies now existing at common law or by statute, but the provisions of this Act are in addition to such remedies; provided, that no pending litigation shall in any way be affected by this Act.