Hospital Survey and Construction Act (Hill-Burton) Act Amendments: Hearings, Eighty-first Congress, First Session on S. 205, S. 231, S. 614, Title III of S. 1679, and Title IV of S. 1581. May 4, 5, and 9, 1949
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1949 - 272 lappuses
Considers legislation to provide greater financial assistance to states for construction of hospitals; to establish a program of national health insurance; and to provide aid for health personnel training.
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
according additional administration agency allotment amendment amount annually applications appropriation approved approximately areas assistance Association authorized base basis beds believe bill Blue building capita Chairman Commission committee communities completed Congress cooperation coordination cost counties course determined doctors effective existing facilities Federal aid Federal funds Federal share figure finance floor Florida funds GALLOWAY give given going grants health center hospital construction hospital facilities Hospital Survey improved income increased interest Jackson January less LIBRARY medical school meet Michigan Miss Mississippi necessary nonprofit North Carolina nurses one-third operation organizations participation patients percent percentage personnel population practice present priority problem projects proposed question reason receive recommended record regional relating rural SCHEELE Senator Hill Senator Taft staff statement Surgeon Survey and Construction thing tion United
10. lappuse - States shall be entitled to recover from the applicant or other owner of the facility the amount bearing the same ratio to the then value (as determined by agreement of the parties or by action brought in the United States district court for the district in which such...
43. lappuse - Federal share" for any State shall be 100 per centum less the State percentage and the State percentage shall be that percentage which bears the same ratio to 50 per centum as the per capita income of such State bears to the per capita income of the continental United States (excluding Alaska), except that (1) the Federal share...
7. lappuse - Hospital" includes public health centers and general ,tuberculosis, mental, chronic disease, and other types of hospitals, and related facilities, such as laboratories, out-patient departments, nurses' home and training facilities, and central service facilities operated in connection with hospitals, but does not include any hospital furnishing primarily domiciliary care.
4. lappuse - Upon receipt of such certification, the Secretary of the Treasury shall, through the Division of Disbursement of the Treasury Department and prior to audit or settlement by the General Accounting Office, pay in accordance with such certification.
124. lappuse - There is hereby authorized to be appropriated such sum as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of this title.
4. lappuse - Sec . 636. In carrying out the purposes of section 301 with respect to hospital facilities, the Surgeon General is authorized to conduct research, experiments, and demonstrations relating to the effective development and utilization of hospital services, facilities, and resources...
6. lappuse - General's reservation of any amount under this section may be amended by him, either upon approval of an amendment of the application or upon revision of the estimated cost of construction of the facility.
6. lappuse - State agency, based upon inspection by it, that work has been performed upon a project, or purchases have been made, in accordance with the approved plans and specifications, and that payment of an installment is due to the applicant...
5. lappuse - Islands) and remaining unobligated at the end of such year shall remain available to such State, for the purposes for which made, for the next fiscal year...