Barriers to Health Care for Older Americans: Hearings, Ninety-third Congress, First [-second] Session, 3-5. sējumi
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1973
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
able administration Americans appropriate assistance Association barriers become benefits bill charges clinics committee concerned CONGRESS continue cost Council County coverage covered Department director doctor effective elderly facilities Federal feel financing funds Government health aide services hearing home care programs home health agencies home health services homemaker-home health aide hospital housing Illinois important income increase Independence individual institutional ITEM keep kind lack limited living Maine meals means Medicare meet necessary nursing home older operation organization patient payment percent PERCY person physical physical therapy physician possible practice present problems professional Project question receive reimbursement require responsibility result Senator MUSKIE senior citizens served skilled Social Security Administration staff standards statement Thank therapy things tion transportation
360. lappuse - Many elderly persons do not eat adequately because (1) they cannot afford to do so; (2) they lack the skills to select and prepare nourishing and well-balanced meals; (3) they have limited mobility which may impair their capacity to shop and cook for themselves; and (4) they have feelings of rejection and loneliness which obliterate the incentive necessary to prepare and eat a meal alone. These and other physiological, psychological, social, and economic changes that occur with aging result in a...
513. lappuse - A qualified physical therapist is a graduate of a program in physical therapy approved by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association (in collaboration with the American Physical Therapy Association) or its equivalent.
386. lappuse - Subject to the provisions described in § 405.237, "home health services" means the following items and services furnished to an individual in accordance with §§ 405.234 and 405.235: (a) Part-time or intermittent nursing care provided by or under the supervision of a registered professional nurse; (b) Physical, occupational or speech therapy...
386. lappuse - ... of a hospital with which the facility has in effect a transfer agreement (meeting the requirements of subsection (1)), under a teaching program of such hospital approved as provided in the last sentence of subsection (b) , and other diagnostic or therapeutic services provided by a hospital with which the facility has such an agreement in effect; and (7) such other services necessary to the health of the patients as are generally provided by...
452. lappuse - ... defined in the education law. Dental expense indemnity shall consist of reimbursement for dental care provided through duly licensed dentists and of furnishing necessary appliances, drugs, medicines and supplies, prosthetic appliances, orthodontic appliances, precious metal and ceramic restorations. Hospital service shall consist of hospital care provided through a hospital which is maintained by the state or any of its political subdivisions, or maintained by a corporation organized for hospital...
446. lappuse - State and regional hospital review and planning councils. According to this legislation, the State department of social welfare cannot approve any new construction, modification or addition until it has received the advice of the commissioner of health with respect to the fitness and adequacy of the premises, equipment, personnel, rules and bylaws, and standards of medical care proposed to be used in the operation of the facility.
229. lappuse - ... secure and maintain maximum independence and dignity in a home environment for older persons capable of self-care with appropriate supportive services; and "(2) remove individual and social barriers to economic and personal independence for older persons. "DEFINITIONS "SEC. 302. For purposes of this title "(1) The term 'social services...
452. lappuse - Hospital service shall consist of hospital care provided through a hospital which is maintained by the state or any of its political subdivisions, or maintained by a corporation organized for hospital purposes under the law of this state, or such other hospitals as shall be designated by the state department of social welfare...
454. lappuse - Affairs committe discharged, bill amended, ordered reprinted as amended and recommitted to said committee reported favorably from said committee with amendments and ordered reprinted as amended and when reprinted to be committed to...
386. lappuse - Any of the foregoing items and services which are provided on an outpatient basis, under the arrangements made by the home health agency, at a hospital or extended care facility, or at a rehabilitation center which meets such standards as may be prescribed in regulations, and...