Library Services Extension: Hearing Before the Subcommittee on Select Education of the Committee on Education and Labor, House of Representatives, Ninety-fourth Congress, First Session, on H.R. 11233 to Amend the Library Services and Construction Act to Extend the Authorization of Appropriations Contained in Such Act, and for Other Purposes, and H.R. 10999, to Authorize the Secretary of Health, Educaiton, and Welfare to Distribute Funds to Recording for the Blind, Incorporated, to Assist Such Corporation in Carrying Out Certain Projects, Hearing Held in Washington, D.C., December 15, 1975
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1976 - 350 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
activities administrative agencies ALTERNATIVES American appropriate areas assistance Association authority benefits bibliographic Blind budget cataloging centers collections Commission Committee concern continuing cooperative coordinated cost data base Director economic effective effort establish existing expenditure Federal Government financing fiscal functions funds future goals grants groups important improved INCOLSA increased Indiana individual information services institutions interest interlibrary knowledge legislation librarians library and information Library of Congress library services library services authority LSCA major materials means meet ment million National Program nationwide needs objectives Office operation organizations percent present private sector problems processing produce proposed public library public library services recommended records reference regional responsibility revenue sharing role Science serve sources staff standards tion Title types United University users
40. lappuse - The Congress hereby affirms that library and information services adequate to meet the needs of the people of the United States are essential to achieve national goals and to utilize most effectively the Nation's educational resources and that the Federal Government will cooperate with State and local governments and public and private agencies in assuring optimum provision of such services.
80. lappuse - NIB's support of accreditation. This promotes adherence to standards 'covering workers' rights, working conditions, safety practices, and grievance procedures. NIB will cover a workshop's initial expense in obtaining accreditation by the National Accreditation Council for Agencies Serving the Blind and Visually Handicapped...
266. lappuse - States has three national libraries: the Library of Congress, the National Library of Medicine, and the National Agricultural Library. The Library of Congress...
333. lappuse - Congress on the implementation of national policy by such statements, presentations, and reports as it deems appropriate; (2) conduct studies, surveys, and analyses of the library and informational needs of the Nation, including the special library and informational needs of rural areas, of economically, socially, or culturally deprived persons and of elderly persons, and the means by which these needs may be met through information centers, through the libraries of elementary and secondary schools...
334. lappuse - Any member appointed to fill a vacancy occurring prior to the expiration of the term for which his predecessor was appointed shall be appointed only for the remainder of such term.
50. lappuse - Toward a National Program for Library and Information Services: Goals for Action.
46. lappuse - ... appraise the adequacies and deficiencies of current library and information resources and services and evaluate the effectiveness of current library and information science programs; (4) develop overall plans for meeting national library and informational needs and for the coordination of activities at the Federal, State, and local levels...
294. lappuse - Establish a locus of Federal responsibility charged with implementing the national network and cdinating the National Program under the policy guidance of the National Commission. TOPIC AREA VIII Plan, develop and implement a nationwide network of library and information service.
334. lappuse - January 31 of each year) a report on its activities during the preceding fiscal year ; and (8) make and publish such additional reports as it deems to be necessary, including, but not limited to, reports of consultants, transcripts of testimony, summary reports, and reports of other Commission findings, studies, and recommendations.
100. lappuse - Ye'll not escape him. Befure he dies he hopes to crowd a libry on ivry man, woman, an' child in th' counthry. He's given thim to cities, towns, villages, an' whistlin' stations. They're tearin' down gas-houses an' poorhouses to put up libries.