Energy Research Policy Alternatives: Hearing Pursuant to S. Res. 45, a National Fuels and Energy Policy Study, Ninety-second Congress, Second Session ...
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1972 - 814 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
activities additional agencies amount approach assessment breeder building cells clean coal coal gasification Committee concept concerned CONGRESS considered consumers consumption continue conversion cost demand Department direct economic effects efficiency effort electric power energy research energy sources engineering environment environmental estimates existing Federal fission fossil fuels fuel funding fusion future geothermal going growth heat impact important improved increase industry interest involved Laboratory major materials meet million National natural gas nuclear Office operation organization panel past percent planning pollution possible potential power plants present priority problems production projects proposed questions radioactive reactor reason research and development Science Senator solar energy sources statement steam storage supply technical thermal tion transportation United University utilities waste
353. lappuse - This is the way the world ends This is the way the world ends This is the way the world ends Not with a bang but a whimper.
641. lappuse - Corporation pertaining to its financial transactions and necessary to facilitate the audit, and they shall be afforded full facilities for verifying transactions with the balances or securities held by depositories, fiscal agents, and custodians.
641. lappuse - Office shall have access to all books, accounts, records, reports, files, and all other papers, things, or property belonging to or in use by the Corporation pertaining to its financial transactions and necessary to facilitate the audit, and they shall be afforded full facilities for verifying transactions with the balances or securities held by depositaries, fiscal agents, and custodians.
42. lappuse - Fission energy is safe only if a number of critical devices work as they should, if a number of people in key positions follow all their instructions, if there is no sabotage, no hijacking of...
641. lappuse - The accounts of the Corporation shall be audited annually. Such audits shall be conducted in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards...
641. lappuse - The financial transactions of the Corporation for any fiscal year during which Federal funds are available to finance any portion of its operations may be audited by the General Accounting Office in accordance with the principles and procedures applicable to commercial corporate transactions and under such rules and regulations as may be prescribed by the Comptroller General of the United States.
3. lappuse - I understand it, the alert procedure calls for notification of the President, the Secretary of Defense and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
41. lappuse - If a problem is too difficult to solve, one cannot claim that it is solved by pointing to all the efforts made to solve it. The technologists claim that if everything works according to their blueprints, fission energy will be a safe and very attractive solution to the energy needs of the world. This may be correct. Hence they consider all the objections to be due to 'ignorance', 'viciousness' or 'hysteria'. This is not correct. The real issue is whether their blueprints will work in the real world...
42. lappuse - ... conventional one" takes place in these regions. The enormous quantities of extremely dangerous material must not get into the hands of ignorant people or desperados. No acts of God can be permitted .
508. lappuse - Our best hope today for meeting the Nation's growing demand for economical clean energy lies with the fast breeder reactor. Because of its highly efficient use of nuclear fuel, the breeder reactor could extend the life of our natural uranium fuel supply from decades to centuries, with far less impact on the environment than the power plants which are operating today.