Black Lung Benefits Reform Act of 1975: Hearings Before the Subcommittee on Labor Standards of the Committee on Education and Labor, House of Representatives, Ninety-fourth Congress, First Session, on H.R. 7, H.R. 8, and H.R. 3333 ... March 6, 12, and 13, 1975
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1975 - 238 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
able additional amended amount answer appeals application basis believe bill black lung benefits cause Chairman PERKINS changes claimants claims Coal Mine Health coal miners committee compensation concerned Congress continue cost death decision denied DENT Department determination disease doctors dust effect eligibility employment enacted ERLENBORN established estimates evidence examination exposure fact Federal feel filed function fund further give going Government Health hearing impairment individual industry Labor legislation LIBRARY limit mean mines MORGAN occupational operators paid payments percent period person physician pneumoconiosis present presumption problem proposed question reason received Representatives responsibility result Safety Act Secretary Simon Social Security Administration standards statement subsection suggest talking testimony Thank thing tion totally disabled understand United widows workers X-ray
4. lappuse - Treasury to invest such portion of the trust fund as is not, in his judgment, required to meet current withdrawals. Such investments may be made only in interest-bearing obligations of the United States or in obligations guaranteed as to both principal and interest by the United States.
9. lappuse - Such investments may be made only in interest-bearing obligations of the United States, or in obligations guaranteed as to both principal and interest by the United States. For such purpose such obligations may be acquired (A) on original issue at the issue price or (B) by purchase of outstanding obligations at the market price. The purposes for which obligations of the United States...
4. lappuse - It shall be the duty of the Secretary of the Treasury to invest such portion of the fund as is not, in his judgment, required to meet current withdrawals. Such investments may be made only in interest-bearing obligations of the United States or in obligations guaranteed as to both principal and interest by the United States.
11. lappuse - Secretary, and may, at any time, on good cause shown, order additional evidence to be taken before the Secretary, and the Secretary shall...
11. lappuse - The court shall have power to enter, upon the pleadings and transcript of the record, a judgment affirming, modifying, or reversing the decision of the Secretary, with or without remanding the cause for a rehearing.
5. lappuse - The interest on, and the proceeds from the sale or redemption of, any obligations held in the Trust Fund shall be credited to and form a part of the Trust Fund.
11. lappuse - Any action instituted under this subsection shall survive, notwithstanding any change in the person occupying the office of Secretary or any vacancy in such office.
4. lappuse - Act, as amended, are hereby extended to authorize the issuance at par of special obligations exclusively to the Fund. Such special obligations shall bear interest at a rate equal to the average rate of interest, computed as...
8. lappuse - ... which is filed after the expiration of such period shall be deemed to have been filed within such period if it is shown to the satisfaction of the Secretary that there was good cause for failure to file such proof or application within such period.
8. lappuse - Any benefit for a month prior to the month in which application is filed shall be reduced, to any extent that may be necessary, so that it will not render erroneous any benefit which, before the filing of such application, the Secretary has certified for payment for such prior month.