Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
activities Admiral Admiral Reedy Affairs agencies Antarctic Commission Antarctic programs Antarctica appointed appropriate arrangements ASPINALL Assistant authorized believe bills Board budget Byrd carry Chairman CLEVELAND Commission committee concerned conduct Congress consider continue cooperation coordination countries course deal Defense Department direct Director effect effort established executive exploration fact feel field force funds further give going Government HALEY HAWORTH hearings HOSMER important interest involved knowledge legislation logistic matters McNAUGHTON means meetings ment military MORTON National Science Foundation Navy O'BRIEN objectives operation organization Parties planning polar policy group position possible present President problem proposed question reason recommendations record representatives requirements responsibility scientific scientists Secretary statement station studies subcommittee Thank thing tion Treaty trying understand United
74. lappuse - ... of this Article. 4. Aerial observation may be carried out at any time over any or all areas of Antarctica by any of the Contracting Parties having the right to designate observers. 5. Each Contracting Party shall, at the time when the present Treaty enters into force for it, inform the other Contracting Parties, and thereafter shall give them notice in advance, of (a) all expeditions to and within Antarctica, on the part of its ships or nationals, and all expeditions to Antarctica organized in...
75. lappuse - If any dispute arises between two or more of the Contracting Parties concerning the interpretation or application of the present Treaty, those Contracting Parties shall consult among themselves with a view to having the dispute resolved by negotiation, inquiry, mediation, conciliation, arbitration, judicial settlement or other peaceful means of their own choice.
16. lappuse - Secretary, but not exceeding $100 per day, including travel time, and while so serving away from their homes or regular places of business they may be allowed travel expenses, including per diem in lieu of subsistence, as authorized by section 5 of the Administrative Expenses Act of 1946 (5 USC 73b-2) for persons in the Government service employed intermittently.
72. lappuse - Convinced also that a treaty ensuring the use of Antarctica for peaceful purposes only and the continuance of international harmony in Antarctica will further the purposes and principles embodied in the charter of the United Nations; Have agreed as follows: Article I 1.
74. lappuse - ... substantial scientific research activity there, such as the establishment of a scientific station or the despatch of a scientific expedition.
75. lappuse - In the event of the conclusion of international agreements concerning the use of nuclear energy, including nuclear explosions and the disposal of radioactive waste material, to which all of the Contracting Parties whose representatives are entitled to participate in the meetings provided for under Article IX are parties, the rules established under such agreements shall apply in Antarctica.
76. lappuse - Treaty and of any modification or amendment thereto. 5. Upon the deposit of instruments of ratification by all the signatory States, the present Treaty shall enter into force for those States and for States which have deposited instruments of accession. Thereafter the Treaty shall enter into force for any acceding State upon the deposit of its instrument of accession.
75. lappuse - Such modification or amendment shall thereafter enter into force as to any other Contracting Party when notice of ratification by it has been received by the depositary Government. Any such Contracting Party from which no notic'e of ratification is received within a period of two years from the date of entry into force of the modification or amendment in accordance with the...