Extension of Education of the Handicapped Act: Hearings Before the Subcommittee on Select Education of the Committee on Education and Labor, House of Representatives, Ninety-fourth Congress, First Session, on Part X, Education and Training of the Handicapped, and H.R. 7217, Education for All Handicapped Children Act of 1975
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1975 - 239 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action additional adequate administration alleged amended amount appropriate areas assistance Association authorized basis BELL bill Board BRADEMAS Chairman child Commissioner committee concerned Congress considering Constitution cost County court decision defendants denied Department determined direct disabilities due process education programs educational agency effective ending equal established evaluation facilities fact Federal filed fiscal formula funds further going Government grant handicapped children hearing indicates individual institutions instruction issue June kind learning legislation mandating means meet mentally retarded million necessary needs operation opportunity parents percent persons physical placed placement plaintiffs present problem procedures projects public education public school question reason receiving regular represent responsibility school districts served Smith special education specific statement subcommittee suit teachers things tion Title United
3. lappuse - ... (2) is legally authorized within such State to provide a program of education beyond secondary education, (3) provides an educational program for which it awards a bachelor's degree or provides not less than a two-year program which is acceptable for full credit toward such a degree...
8. lappuse - ... only when the nature or severity of the handicap is such that education in regular classes with the use of supplementary aids and services cannot be achieved satisfactorily...
2. lappuse - State agency which is directly responsible for providing free public education for handicapped children (including mentally retarded, hard of hearing, deaf, speech impaired, visually handicapped, seriously emotionally disturbed, crippled, or other health impaired children who by reason thereof require special education...
6. lappuse - The number of children so enrolled shall be determined by the Commissioner on the basis of the most recent satisfactory data available to him. For purposes of this subsection, the term "State...
3. lappuse - Children with special learning disabilities exhibit a disorder in one or more of the basic psychological processes involved in understanding or in using spoken or written language. These may be manifested in disorders of listening, thinking, talking, reading, writing, spelling, or arithmetic.
35. lappuse - State, and (B) students in residential schools for the handicapped (including mentally retarded, hard of hearing, deaf, speech impaired, visually handicapped, seriously emotionally disturbed, crippled, or other health impaired persons who by reason thereof require special education) operated or substantially supported by the State.
7. lappuse - Federal funds paid to the applicant under this section; and (4) provides for making such reports, in such form and containing such information, as the Commissioner may require to carry out his functions under this title, and for keeping such records and for affording such access thereto as the Commissioner may find necessary to assure the correctness and verification of such reports.
3. lappuse - ... credits are accepted, on transfer, by not less than three institutions which are so accredited, for credit on the same basis as if transferred from an institution so accredited.