Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action affirmed agreement Amendment application Assistant Attorney authority Bank brief California carrier Certiorari denied charged Circuit City claim commerce Commission Committee conduct Cong Congress consideration constitutional contract conviction Corp Court of Appeals decision defendant determination direct discrimination dissenting District Court effect employees encourage enforcement ET AL evidence fact Federal filed findings Government granted hearing held hold Illinois interstate commerce issue judgment jurisdiction JUSTICE Labor Board legislation limitation Line matter meaning membership ment Michigan Misc natural officers operation Opinion organization parties person petition petitioner practice present proceeding produce protection purchase question Railroad rates reason regulation Relations Reported respondent result rule Solicitor Stat statute Supp supra Supreme Court Texas tion transportation trial union United violation wage York
492. lappuse - To separate them from others of similar age and qualifications solely because of their race generates a feeling of inferiority as to their status in the community that may affect their hearts and minds in a way unlikely ever to be undone.
627. lappuse - No one may be required at peril of life, liberty or property to speculate as to the meaning of penal statutes. All are entitled to be informed as to what the State commands or forbids.
674. lappuse - Act shall apply to the transportation of natural gas in interstate commerce, to the sale in interstate commerce of natural gas for resale for ultimate public consumption...
284. lappuse - States, or whoever, operating any such station, knowingly permits the broadcasting of, any advertisement of or information concerning any lottery, gift enterprise, or similar scheme, offering prizes dependent in whole or in part upon lot or chance, or any list of the prizes drawn or awarded by means of any such lottery, gift enterprise, or scheme, whether said list contains any part or all of such prizes, shall be fined not more than $1,000 or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.
491. lappuse - We must consider public education in the light of its full development and its present place in American life throughout the Nation. Only in this way can it be determined if segregation in public schools deprives these plaintiffs of the equal protection of the laws. Today, education is perhaps the most important function of state and local governments.
158. lappuse - ... the highest court of a State in which a decision could be had, where is drawn in question the validity of a treaty or statute of the United States ; or where is drawn in question the validity of a statute of any State, on the ground of its being...
101. lappuse - The general principle announced in numerous cases is that a right, question or fact distinctly put in issue and directly determined by a court of competent jurisdiction, as a ground of recovery, cannot be disputed in a subsequent suit between the same partes or their privies; and even if the second suit is for a different cause of action, the right, question or fact once so determined must, as between the same parties or their privies, be taken as conclusively established, so long as the judgment...
40. lappuse - ... was not available to the employee on the same terms and conditions generally applicable to other members, or (B) if he has reasonable grounds for believing that membership was denied or terminated for reasons other than the failure of the employee to tender the periodic dues and the initiation fees uniformly required as a condition of acquiring or retaining membership...