Housing and Community Development Legislation: Hearings Before the Subcommittee on Housing of the Committee on Banking and Currency, House of Representatives, Eighty-eighth Congress, Second Session, on H.R. 9751, a Bill to Help Provide Adequate Dwelling Accommodations for More Families who Have Low Or Moderate Incomes, who are Elderly, Or who are Subjected to the Special Problems of Displacement from Their Homes by Government Action : to Promote Orderly Community Development and Growth : and to Extend and Amend Laws Relating to Housing, Urban Renewal, and Community Facilities
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1964 - 929 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
additional Administration agencies amended amount annual appropriate approved areas assistance Association authority believe bill building Chairman cities COLLINS Commissioner committee community development concerned Conference Congress construction continue cooperative cost County direct displaced economic effective elderly eligible established existing facilities fact families farm Federal financing funds give going Government grants Housing Act housing authorities improvements income increase individuals interest involved land legislation limit living loans low-income Mayor McDADE means meet ment million mortgage mortgage insurance move necessary operation payments percent period permit persons planning present problems proposed public housing purchase question Rains reasonable recommend record redevelopment rehabilitation relocation rent rental result rural statement Thank tion units urban renewal WEAVER WIDNALL
14. lappuse - The Secretary of the Treasury is authorized and directed to purchase any notes and other obligations to be issued hereunder and for such purpose he is authorized to use as a public debt transaction the proceeds from the sale of any securities issued under the Second Liberty Bond Act...
721. lappuse - The Congress hereby declares that the general welfare and security of the Nation and the health and living standards of its people require housing production and related community development sufficient to remedy the serious housing shortage, the elimination of substandard and other inadequate housing through the clearance of slums and blighted areas, and the realization as soon as feasible of the goal of a decent home and a suitable living environment for every American family, thus contributing...
12. lappuse - ... decent, safe and sanitary dwellings. The housing, so far as practicable, shall be in areas not generally less desirable in regard to public utilities, public and commercial facilities and at rents or prices within the financial means of the families and individuals displaced and equal in number to the number of such displaced families or individuals and reasonably accessible to their places of employment.
viii. lappuse - relocation payments" means payments by the applicant to individuals, families, business concerns, and nonprofit organizations for their reasonable and necessary moving expenses and any actual direct losses of property...
312. lappuse - Act, as amended, is amended by striking out the semicolon at the end thereof and inserting in lieu thereof a colon and the following: "Provided, That the words 'property consisting of ordinary livestock, fish (including shell fish), or agricultural (including horticultural) commodities (not including manufactured products thereof)' as used herein shall include property shown as 'Exempt...
viii. lappuse - ... (c) There be a feasible method for the temporary relocation of families displaced from the urban renewal area, and that there are or are being provided. in the urban renewal area or in other areas not generally less desirable in regard to public utilities and public and commercial facilities...
832. lappuse - ... the development of well-planned, integrated residential neighborhoods, the development and redevelopment of communities, and the production, at lower costs, of housing of sound standards of design, construction, livability, and size for adequate family life...
120. lappuse - States and their political subdivisions to alleviate present and recurring unemployment and to remedy the unsafe and insanitary housing conditions and the acute shortage of decent, safe, and sanitary dwellings for families of low income, in rural or urban communities, that are injurious to the health, safety, and morals of the citizens of the Nation.
311. lappuse - Housing Insurance Fund which shall be used by the Commissioner as a revolving fund for carrying out the provisions of this section, and...
832. lappuse - The policy to be followed in attaining the national housing objective hereby established shall be : (1) private enterprise shall be encouraged to serve as large a part of the total need as it can; (2) governmental assistance shall be utilized where feasible to enable private enterprise to serve more of the total need...