Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
able achieve action activities agencies American appropriate areas assistance Association authorized become benefit bibliographic cataloging centralized collections College Commission believes concern continuing cooperative coordination cost data bases direct distribution document economic effectively efforts encourage essential establish existing facilities Federal Government Federal libraries formation functions funding future groups human implementation important improve increase individual information centers Information Science information services institutions interests interlibrary International knowledge legislation librarians library and information Library of Congress major materials means meet ment MICHIGAN multistate National Commission National Program nationwide network needs objectives Office operate organizations participation planning potential President private sector problems processing professional proposed publishers receive recorded regional reports responsibility serve sharing sources special libraries standards statewide technical telecommunications tion tional United University
90. lappuse - Commission is authorized to contract with Federal agencies and other public and private agencies to carry out any of its functions under subsection (a) and to publish and disseminate such reports, findings, studies, and records as it deems appropriate. (c) The Commission is further authorized to conduct such hearings at such times and places as it deems appropriate for carrying out the purposes of this Act.
89. lappuse - Congress on the implementation of national policy by such statements, presentations, and reports as it deems appropriate; (2) conduct studies, surveys, and analyses of the library and informational needs of the Nation, including the special library and informational needs of rural areas, of economically, socially, or culturally deprived persons and of elderly persons, and the means by which these needs may be met through information centers, through the libraries of elementary and secondary schools...
90. lappuse - Any member appointed to fill a vacancy occurring prior to the expiration of the term for which his predecessor was appointed shall be appointed only for the remainder of such term.
89. lappuse - Such grants, gifts, or bequests, after acceptance by the Commission, shall Be paid by the donor or his representative to the Treasurer of the United States whose receipts shall be their acquittance. The Treasurer of the United States shall enter them in a special account to the credit of the Commission for the purposes in each case specified.
90. lappuse - January 31 of each year) a report on its activities during the preceding fiscal year; and (8) make and publish such additional reports as it deems to be necessary, including, but not limited to, reports of consultants, transcripts of testimony, summary reports, and reports of other Commission findings, studies, ana recommendations.
89. lappuse - Financial and administrative services (including those related to budgeting and accounting, financial reporting, personnel, and procurement ) shall be provided the Commission by the General Services Administration, for which payment shall be made in advance, or by reimbursement, from funds of the Commission in such amounts as may be agreed upon by the Chairman of the Commission and the...
48. lappuse - Establish a locus of Federal responsibility charged with implementing the national network and cdinating the National Program under the policy guidance of the National Commission. TOPIC AREA VIII Plan, develop and implement a nationwide network of library and information service.
xi. lappuse - To eventually provide every individual in the United States with equal opportunity of access to that part of the total information resource which will satisfy the individual's educational, working, cultural and leisure-time needs and interests, regardless of the individual's location, social or physical condition or level of intellectual achievement.
89. lappuse - The Congress hereby affirms that library and information services adequate to meet the needs of the people of the United States are essential to achieve national goals and to utilize most effectively the Nation's educational resources and that the Federal Government will cooperate with State and local governments and public and private agencies in assuring optimum provision of such services.
90. lappuse - ... appraise the adequacies and deficiencies of current library and information resources and services and evaluate the effectiveness of current library and information science programs; (4 i develop overall plans for meeting national library and informational needs and for the coordination of activities at the Federal, State, and local levels, taking into consideration all of the library and informational resources of the Nation to meet those needs...