Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
The Imperial Dictionary, on the Basis of Webster's English Dictionary
Priekšskatījums nav pieejams - 2015
according allied animal appearance applied belonging birds body called cause Chaucer colour common comp consisting containing covered direction Dryden earth English express fish flowers genus give given hand head hence Icel Italy kind known land lead leaves length less letter light live look loose Lord manner mark mass matter means measure metal middle Milton mind mineral mixed moon moral motion mouth move native nature object one's origin person Pertaining piece plant pret produced Rare resembling root round Scotch sense Shak ship side single soft sometimes South species Spenser spirit stone substance Tennyson term thing thou tion tree usually wood wrong
136. lappuse - At a fair vestal, throned by the west ; And loos'd his love-shaft smartly from his bow, As it should pierce a hundred thousand hearts...
211. lappuse - Every body continues in its state of rest or of uniform motion in a straight line, except in so far as it may be compelled by impressed forces to change that state.
63. lappuse - Live while you live, the Epicure would say, And seize the pleasures of the present day. Live while you live, the sacred Preacher cries, And give to God each moment as it flies.
155. lappuse - The letter, as I live, with all the business I writ to his holiness. Nay then, farewell ! I have touch'd the highest point of all my greatness; And, from that full meridian of my glory, I haste now to my setting: I shall fall Like a bright exhalation in the evening, And no man see me more.
83. lappuse - How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
120. lappuse - Waller was smooth ; but Dryden taught to join The varying verse, the full resounding line, The long majestic march, and energy divine : Though still some traces of our rustic vein And splay-foot verse remain'd, and will remain.
132. lappuse - No more ? A monster then, a dream, A discord. Dragons of the prime, That tare each other in their slime, Were mellow music match'd with him.
122. lappuse - Out of my grief and my impatience, Answer'd neglectingly. I know not what, He should, or he should not; for he made me mad To see him shine so brisk, and smell so sweet, And talk so like a waiting-gentlewoman Of guns and drums and wounds God save the mark!
75. lappuse - AND when they drew nigh unto Jerusalem, and were come to Bethphage, unto the mount of Olives, then sent Jesus two disciples, saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me. And if any man say ought unto you, ye shall say, The Lord hath need of them ; and straightway he will send them.