Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
adopted amendment American amount appeared appointed arms army authority bank believe bill Britain British called cause character citizens claim command commerce committee communicated conduct Congress consideration considered constitution continued course decree Department duty effect enemy England established Executive existence fact FEBRUARY feel force foreign France French gentleman give given Government ground hands honorable hope House important impressment inquiry interest issued land late letter loan majority March means measures ment millions Minister motion nature necessary never notes object obtained officers operation opinion opposition Orders in Council passed peace persons present President principle produced proper proposed prove question reason received referred relation repeal resolution Resolved respect seat Secretary Senate taken tion Treasury United vessels Virginia vote whole York
160. lappuse - That palter with us in a double sense ; That keep the word of promise to our ear, And break it to our hope.
158. lappuse - O my soul, come not thou into their secret; unto their assembly, mine honour, be not thou united! For in their anger they slew a man, and in their self-will they digged down a wall. Cursed be their anger, for it was fierce, and their wrath, for it was cruel. I will divide them in Jacob and scatter them in Israel.
257. lappuse - ... that he will support the constitution of the United States, and that he absolutely and entirely renounces and abjures all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state or sovereignty and particularly by name to the prince, potentate, state or sovereignty of which he was before a citizen or subject...
291. lappuse - I have considered the subject of the letter which you did me the honor to address to me on the 9th...
238. lappuse - ... counsel, advise or attempt to procure any insurrection, riot, unlawful assembly, or combination, whether such conspiracy, threatening, counsel, advice, or attempt shall have the proposed effect or not, he or they shall be deemed guilty of a high misdemeanor...
16. lappuse - That a committee of three Members be appointed on the part of the House, to join such committee as may be appointed on the part of the Senate, to wait on the President of the United States and inform him that a quorum of the two Houses has assembled, and that Congress is ready to receive any communication he may be pleased to make.
99. lappuse - So often and so essentially have we heretofore suffered from the want of secrecy and. dispatch that the Constitution would have been inexcusably defective if no attention had been paid to those objects.
10. lappuse - that the President of the United States be requested to cause to be laid before the Senate copies,