Older Americans Act Amendments of 1984: Hearing Before the Subcommittee on Human Resources of the Committee on Education and Labor, House of Representatives, Ninety-eighth Congress, Second Session, on H.R. 4785 ... Hearing Held in Washington, DC, on March 15, 1984
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1985 - 564 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
activities additional Administration advocacy Agencies on Aging aging network amended Andrews appropriate area agencies assistance Association assure authority believe changes citizens Commissioner Committee concerns Congress continue contracts coordination costs Council County DATES demonstration Department designed direct Director effective efforts elderly established existing federal field functions funds GERONTOLOGY grants groups House Human implementation important improve increase individuals institutions issues language legal services legislation LIST long term meals meet mental health Michigan minority needs nutrition Office Older Americans Act older persons operation opportunity organizations participants percent planning population PREPARATION present programs proposed reauthorization receive recommendations regional regulations Representatives require responsibility role senior centers serve service delivery service providers social specific staff strengthen Title Title IV units volunteers Washington
402. lappuse - ... (8) Efficient community services, including access to low-cost transportation, which provide a choice in supported living arrangements and social assistance in a coordinated manner and which are readily available when needed, with emphasis on maintaining a continuum of care for the vulnerable elderly.
409. lappuse - Act; (13) develop and operate programs providing services and opportunities as authorized by this Act which are not otherwise provided by existing programs for older persons; (14) carry on a continuing evaluation of the programs and activities related to the purposes of this Act, with particular attention to the impact of medicare and medicaid, the Age Discrimination...
470. lappuse - Full restorative services for those who require institutional care, and a comprehensive array of community-based, long-term care services adequate to appropriately sustain older people in their communities and in their homes, including support to family members and other persons providing voluntary care to older individuals needing long-term care services.
407. lappuse - ... provide for the initiation, expansion, or improvement of social services in the planning and service area covered by the area plan; "(3) provide for the establishment or maintenance of information and referral sources in sufficient numbers to assure that all older persons within the planning and service area covered by the plan will have reasonably convenient access to such sources. For...
400. lappuse - multipurpose senior center' means a community facility for the organization and provision of a broad spectrum of services (including provision of health, social, and educational services and provision of facilities for recreational activities) for older persons.
47. lappuse - PURPOSE "SEC. 301. It is the purpose of this title to encourage and assist State and local agencies to concentrate resources in order to develop greater capacity and foster the development of comprehensive and coordinated service systems to serve older persons...
78. lappuse - In making grants and contracts under this section, the Commissioner shall give special consideration to projects designed to " (1) assist in meeting the special housing needs of older...
408. lappuse - ... (e) The Director shall take the necessary action to assure that all studies, evaluations, proposals, and data produced or developed with Federal funds shall become the property of the United States. (f) The Director is authorized to use such sums as are required, but not to exceed 1 per centum of the funds appropriated under this Act, to conduct program and project evaluations (directly, or by grants or contracts) as required by this Act.
2. lappuse - SNOWB) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Education and Labor A BILL To amend the Older Americans Act of 1965 to authorize appropriations for fiscal years 1985, 1986, and 1987, and for other purposes.
47. lappuse - ... (1) secure and maintain maximum independence and dignity in a home environment for older persons capable of self-care with appropriate supportive services; and "(2) remove individual and social barriers to economic and personal independence for older persons. "DEFINITIONS "SEC. 302. For purposes of this title "(1) The term 'social services...