Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
Academy Adoration allegorical altar-picture altarpiece Andrea angels antique appears artist ascribed Bartolommeo beautiful Bellini belong Berlin Museum Bologna Brera Byzantine Caracci cartoons celebrated century chapel character church Cimabue colour composition Coreggio Cosimo Rosselli countenance dignity distinguished Domenichino Domenico drapery Duomo engraved excellent executed expression feeling figures Filippino Lippi Florence Florentine Francesco Francis frescos gallery Giorgione Giotto Giovanni Giulio Romano graceful grand groups hand heads Holy Family imitation important infant Christ Italian Italy kneels later period Leonardo Lorenzo Luca Signorelli Madonna and Child manner Maria Masaccio master mentioned Michael Angelo Milan Naples noble painted painter palace Palazzo Paolo Paolo Veronese Parmigianino particularly peculiar Perugia Perugino picture Pietro Pinturicchio Pitti Pitti palace portraits principal Raphael remarkable representations represented Roman Rome Rumohr Saints scholars side Siena Sienese specimens style subjects tion Titian tures Uffizj at Florence Urbino Vasari Vatican Venetian Venetian school Venice Vinci Virgin wall
3. lappuse - For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, And as a root out of a dry ground. He hath no form nor comeliness; And when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
46. lappuse - Credette Cimabue nella pittura Tener lo campo, ed ora ha Giotto il grido, Sì che la fama di colui è oscura.
48. lappuse - A dame, to whom none openeth pleasure's gate More than to death, was, 'gainst his father's will, His stripling choice : and he did make her his, Before the spiritual court, by nuptial bonds, And in his father's sight : from day to day, Then loved her more devoutly.
65. lappuse - Wherefore I prayed, and understanding was given me: I called upon God, and the spirit of wisdom came to me. I preferred her before sceptres and thrones, and esteemed riches nothing in comparison of her.
48. lappuse - Non era ancor molto lontan dall' orto, di' e' cominciò a far sentir la Terra Della sua gran virtude alcun conforto. Che per tal donna giovinetto in guerra Del padre corse, a cui, com...
73. lappuse - Lower down is the earth, where men are rising from the graves ; armed angels direct them to the right and left. Here is seen Solomon, who whilst he rises seems doubtful to which side he should turn ; here a hypocritical monk, whom an angel draws back by the hair from the...
392. lappuse - La mossa coll' ombrar Veneziano, E il degno colorir di Lombardia. Di Michel Angiol la terribil via, II vero natural di Tiziano, Del Correggio lo stil puro e sovrano, E di un Rafel la giusta simmetria. Del Tibaldi il decoro, e il fondamento, Del dotto Primaticcio 1' inventare, E un po di grazia del Parmigianino. Ma senza tanti studj, e tanto stento, Si ponga 1' opre solo ad imitare Che qui lasciocci il nostro Niccolino.
72. lappuse - Saints next to them, severe, solemn, dignified figures. Angels, holding the instruments of the passion, hover over Christ and the Virgin : under them is a group of angels, in the strictest symmetrical arrangement, who summon the dead from their graves ; two blow the trumpets, a third conceals himself in his drapery, shuddering at the awful spectacle.
204. lappuse - It required the united power of an architect, sculptor and painter to conceive a structural whole of so much grandeur, to design the decorative figures with the significant repose required by their sculpturesque character, and yet to preserve their subordination to the principal subjects, and to keep the latter in the proportions and relations best adapted to the space to be filled.