Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
advantage allow apparatus appear applied arrangement attached axis boiler bottom called carriage cause centre claim cloth common connected consists construction containing County cylinder described drawing edge effect employed engine Enrolment equal expense experiments extending feet fixed force four frame give given granted greater half heat holes improvements inches increase invention iron June kind length less lever light lower machine machinery manner manufacture March material matter means metal method miles mode motion object observed obtained Office operation paddles pass patent piece pipe piston placed plate prepared pressure prevent produced propelling proposed quantity railway receive render represented revolving rollers round screw secured side similar Six months specification spring steam sufficient surface tube turn upper usual vessel weight wheel whole
276. lappuse - That any person or persons having discovered or invented any new and useful art, machine, manufacture, or composition of matter, or any new and useful improvement on any art, machine, manufacture, or composition of matter...
101. lappuse - It is far from my wish to promulgate to the world that the ridiculous expectations, or rather professions, of the enthusiastic speculist will be realised, and that we shall see engines travelling at the rate of twelve, sixteen, eighteen, or twenty miles an hour. Nothing could do more harm towards their general adoption and improvement than the promulgation of such nonsense.
251. lappuse - Winchelsea moved for the appointment of a Select Committee of the House of Commons, 'to inquire into the state of Education of the Lower Orders of the People in London, Westminster, and Southwark.
104. lappuse - ... by eight o'clock in the morning, and the load assigned to it shall be three times the weight thereof. The water in the boiler shall be cold, and there shall be no fuel in the fire-place. As much fuel shall be weighed, and as much water shall be measured and delivered into the...
85. lappuse - ... ratchet-wheel formed upon the back part of the nave with a box wedged into the axle containing a dog or pall, with a spring on the back of it, for the purpose of causing the wheels to be impelled when the axle revolves, and at the same time allowing .the outer wheel, when the carriage describes a curve, to travel faster than the inner one, and still be ready to receive the impulse of the engine as soon as it comes to a straight course.
160. lappuse - For a New Preparation or Manufacture of a certain material produced from a vegetable substance, and the application thereof to the purposes of affording light, and for other uses.
105. lappuse - The time of performing every trip shall be accurately noted, as well as the time occupied in getting ready to set out on the second journey. " Should the engine not be enabled to take along with it sufficient fuel and water for the journey of...
102. lappuse - Feet. 5th. -The weight of the Machine, with its complement of water in the Boiler, must, at most, not exceed Six Tons; and a Machine of less weight will be preferred if it draw after it a proportionate weight; and if the weight of the Engine, &c.
99. lappuse - ... by stationary engines. The rails employed are all of the kind called edge-rails ; and it' appears from experiments, that on the level rails, when they are in good condition, lib.