Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
absence accepted accused action ALLOWANCES amount apply appointed appropriation approved Army arrest Atty authority bidder bond charge civil civilian claim commander Comp confinement Congress constitute construction contract contractor conviction court court-martial damages Department Dept desertion discharge DISCIPLINE District duty effect enlisted enter entitled evidence exchange execution expenses fact funds furnished further given Government Held honor issued judge advocate July June jurisdiction leave limits March material meaning ment military Militia necessary offense officer operation opinion Organized paid party payment performance person practice President prisoner proceedings proper proposed punishment purchase question reason received record regarded regulations rule Secretary sentence Sept soldier specific Stat statute supplies surety term tion transportation trial United volunteer witness
731. lappuse - Those rivers must be regarded as public navigable rivers in law which are navigable in fact. And they are navigable in fact when they are used, or are susceptible of being used, in their ordinary condition, as highways for commerce, over which trade and travel are or may be conducted in the customary modes of trade and travel on water.
322. lappuse - Nor shall any department or any officer of the Government accept voluntary service for the Government or employ personal service in excess of that authorized by law, except in cases of sudden emergency involving the loss of human life or the destruction of property.
293. lappuse - All purchases and contracts for supplies or services, in any of the Departments of the Government, except for personal services, shall be made by advertising a sufficient time previously for proposals respecting the same, when the public exigencies do not require the immediate delivery of the articles, or performance of the service.
740. lappuse - Provided, That such structures may be built under authority of the legislature of a State across rivers and other waterways, the navigable portions of which lie wholly within the limits of a single State, provided the location and plans thereof are submitted to and approved by the Chief of Engineers...
774. lappuse - An office is a public station, or employment, conferred by the appointment of government. The term embraces the ideas of tenure, duration, emolument, and duties.
731. lappuse - It would be a narrow rule to hold that in this country unless a river was capable of being navigated by steam or sail vessels, it could not be treated as a public highway.
750. lappuse - States, outside established harbor lines, or where no harbor lines have been established, except on plans recommended by the Chief of Engineers and authorized by the Secretary of War; and it shall not be lawful to excavate or fill, or in any manner to alter or modify the course, location, condition, or capacity of any...
334. lappuse - It shall be the duty of the Secretary of War, of the Secretary of the Navy, and of the Secretary of the Interior to furnish every officer appointed by them with authority to make contracts on behalf of the Government with a printed...
745. lappuse - ... be commenced within one year and completed within three years from the date of the passage of such act.