Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
Act of April Act of June action affidavit of defense alderman alleged amended amount appeal April 22 assumpsit auditor auditor's report averred bailment bank bill bond Borough cause certificate of deposit certiorari charge City of York claimant Common Pleas Compensation contract corporation counsel Court Court of Equity damages death deceased decedent decree defendant defendant's deposit duty employe entered entitled equity evidence facts fendant filed garnishee held husband injury issued jurisdiction jury Justice liability libellant lien Mary Egan ment motion for judgment negligence ordinance paid parties payment Pennsylvania person petition petitioner plaintiff plaintiff's statement Practice Act proceedings provides question real estate reason refused replevin respondent rule Section statement of claim street suit sureties Tamaqua testator testimony thereof tiff tion Township trial verdict Waltrick wife writ York County YORK LEGAL RECORD
109. lappuse - To avoid Improper Influences which may result from Intermixing In one and the same act such things as have no proper relation to each other, every law shall embrace but one object, and that shall be expressed In the title.
199. lappuse - And with regard to declarations, the rule is well stated in 21 Am. and Eng. Ency. of Law, 102, that if they "are made under such circumstances as will raise the reasonable presumption that they are the spontaneous utterances of thought created by or springing out of the transaction itself, and so soon thereafter as to exclude the presumption that they are the result of premeditation and design, they will be admissible as part of the res gestae.
68. lappuse - injury by an accident in the course of his employment,' as used in this article, shall not include an injury caused by an act of a third person intended to injure the employee because of reasons personal to him, and not directed against him as an employee or because of his employment...
90. lappuse - ... nor shall any member of any [corporation or] public institution, or any officer or agent thereof, be in any wise interested in any contract for the sale or furnishing of any supplies, or materials to be furnished to, or for the use of any [corporation,] municipality or public institution of which he shall be a [member or] officer, or for which he shall be an agent, nor directly nor indirectly interested therein, nor receive any reward or gratuity from any person interested in such contract or...
199. lappuse - It was made at the time, in view of the goods strewn along the road by the breaking up of the boxes, and seems to have grown directly out of and immediately after the happening of the fact. The negligence complained of being that of the engineer himself, we cannot say that his declarations, made upon the spot, at the time, and in view of the effects of his conduct, are not evidence against the company as a part of the very transaction itself.
109. lappuse - Maryland," and all laws shall be passed by original bill, and every law enacted by the Legislature shall embrace but one subject, and that shall be described in the title, and no law...
100. lappuse - The power we allude to is rather the police power, the power vested in the legislature by the constitution to make, ordain, and establish all manner of wholesome and reasonable laws, statutes, and ordinances, either with penalties or without, not repugnant to the constitution, as they shall judge to be for the good and welfare of the commonwealth and of the subjects of the same.
8. lappuse - An act relating to practice in the Courts of Common Pleas in actions of assumpsit and trespass except actions for libel and slander prescribthe pleadings and procedure to be observed therein and giving the courts power to enforce its provisions.