Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
Albia & Centerville Ames & College Board of Railroad Boone Valley Burlington & Northwestern Burlington & Quincy Burlington & Western Cedar Rapids Cent charges Chicago & North-Western Chicago Great Western citizens City & Ft City & Northern City & Pacific coal commission common carrier complaint Council Bluffs court Crooked Creek crossing DEAR depot Dodge Dubuque & Sioux Humeston & Shenandoah Illinois Central Illinois Central Railroad interstate Iowa & Dakota Iowa Central Iowa Central Railway Iowa Northern Island & Pacific joint rates Junction Kansas City Keokuk & Western Louis Marshalltown Mason City Milwaukee & St Minn Minneapolis & St Moines & Kansas Moines Union Northern & Western Omaha & St Ottumwa Pacific Railway passenger petition Railroad Commissioners railroad company Railway company Rapids & Northern reply respectfully Rock Island Secretary shipments shippers Sioux City station Tabor & Northern track train W. W. Ainsworth Wabash Winona & Western
344. lappuse - President: but their successors shall be appointed for terms of six years, except that any person chosen to fill a vacancy shall be appointed only for the unexpired term of the Commissioner whom he shall succeed. Any Commissioner may be removed by the President for inefficiency, neglect of duty, or malfeasance in office.
66. lappuse - Every common carrier subject to the provisions of this Act shall, according to their respective powers, afford all reasonable, proper, and equal facilities for the interchange of traffic between their respective lines, and for the receiving, forwarding, and delivering of passengers and property to and from their several lines and those connecting therewith, and shall not discriminate in their rates and charges between such connecting lines...
338. lappuse - America in congress assembled, that the provisions of this act shall apply to any common carrier or carriers engaged in the transportation of passengers or property wholly by railroad, or partly by railroad and partly by water when both are used, under a common control, management or arrangement, for a continuous carriage or shipment...
353. lappuse - But no person shall be prosecuted or subjected to any penalty or forfeiture for or on account of any transaction, matter or thing, concerning which he may testify, or produce evidence, documentary or otherwise, before said commission, or in obedience to its subpoena, or the subpoena of either of them, or in any such case or proceeding : Provided, that no person so testifying shall be exempt from prosecution and punishment for perjury committed in so testifying.
354. lappuse - January, eighteen hundred and ninety-eight, it shall be unlawful for any such common carrier to haul or permit to be hauled or used on its line any car used in moving interstate traffic not equipped with couplers coupling automatically by impact, and which can be uncoupled without the necessity of men going between the ends of the cars.
344. lappuse - ... hereby declared to be a misdemeanor, and shall, upon conviction thereof in any court of the United States of competent jurisdiction within the district in which such offense was committed, be subject for each offense to a fine of not exceeding five thousand dollars or imprisonment in the penitentiary for a term of not exceeding two years, or both, in the discretion of the court.
350. lappuse - All of the expenses of the Commission, including all necessary expenses for transportation incurred by the Commissioners, or by their employees under their orders, in making any investigation, or upon official business in any other places than in the city of Washington, shall be allowed and paid on the presentation of itemized vouchers therefor, approved by the chairman of the Commission.
355. lappuse - An act [to amend an act entitled an act] to aid in the construction of a railroad and telegraph line from the Missouri River to the Pacific Ocean, and to secure to the Government the use of the same for postal, military, and other purposes, approved July first, eighteen hundred and sixty-two," approved July second, eighteen hundred and sixty-four.
350. lappuse - Witnesses summoned before the Commission shall be paid the same fees and mileage that are paid witnesses in the courts of the United States. All of the expenses of the Commission, including all necessary expenses for transportation incurred by the Commissioners, or by their employees under their orders, in making any investigation...