« iepriekšējāTurpināt »
SEC. 110. (47 U.S.C. 1009) AUTHORIZATION OF APPROPRIATIONS.
There are authorized to be appropriated to carry out this title a total of $500,000,000 for fiscal years 1995, 1996, 1997, and 1998. Such sums are authorized to remain available until expended. SEC. 111. (47 U.S.C. 1001 note] EFFECTIVE DATE.
(a) IN GENERAL.-Except as provided in subsection (b), this title shall take effect on the date of enactment of this Act.
(b) ASSISTANCE CAPABILITY AND SYSTEMS SECURITY AND INTEGRITY REQUIREMENTS.-Sections 103 and 105 of this title shall take effect on the date that is 4 years after the date of enactment of this Act. SEC, 112. (47 U.S.C. 1010) REPORTS. (a) REPORTS BY THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
(1) IN GENERAL.-On or before November 30, 1995, and on or before November 30 of each year thereafter, the Attorney General shall submit to Congress and make available to the public a report on the amounts paid during the preceding fiscal year to telecommunications carriers under sections 104(e) and 109.
(2) CONTENTS.-A report under paragraph (1) shall include
(A) a detailed accounting of the amounts paid to each carrier and the equipment, facility, or service for which the amounts were paid; and
(B) projections of the amounts expected to be paid in the current fiscal year, the carriers to which payment is expected to be made, and the equipment, facilities, or serv
ices for which payment is expected to be made. (b) REPORTS BY THE COMPTROLLER GENERAL.
(1) On or before April 1, 1996, the Comptroller General of the United States, and every two years thereafter, the Inspector General of the Department of Justice, shall submit to the Congress a report, after consultation with the Attorney General and the telecommunications industry
(A) describing the type of equipment, facilities, and services that have been brought into compliance under this title; and
(B) reflecting its analysis of the reasonableness and cost-effectiveness of the payments made by the Attorney General to telecommunications carriers for modifications necessary to ensure compliance with this title.
(2) COMPLIANCE COST ESTIMATES.—A report under paragraph (1) shall include findings and conclusions on the costs to be incurred by telecommunications carriers to comply with the assistance capability requirements of section 103 after the effective date of such section 103, including projections of the amounts expected to be incurred and a description of the equipment, facilities, or services for which they are expected to be incurred. [Title II made amendments to title 18, Unites States Code.]
[Title III made amendments to the Communications Act of TITLE IV–TELECOMMUNICATIONS CARRIER COMPLIANCE
SEC. 401. (47 U.S.C. 1021) DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE TELECOMMUNI.
CATIONS CARRIER COMPLIANCE FUND. (a) ESTABLISHMENT OF FUND.-There is hereby established in the United
States Treasury a fund to be known as the Department of Justice Telecommunications Carrier Compliance Fund (hereafter referred to as "the Fund”), which shall be available without fiscal year limitation to the Attorney General for making payments to telecommunications carriers, equipment manufacturers, and providers of telecommunications support services pursuant to section 109 of this Act.
(b) DEPOSITS TO THE FUND.-Notwithstanding any other provision of law, any agency of the United States with law enforcement or intelligence responsibilities may deposit as offsetting collections to the Fund any unobligated balances that are available until expended, upon compliance with any Congressionali notification requirements for reprogramming of funds applicable to the appropriation from which the deposit is to be made. (c) TERMINATION.
(1) The Attorney General may terminate the Fund at such time as the Attorney General determines that the Fund is no longer necessary.
(2) Any balance in the Fund at the time of its termination shall be deposited in the General Fund of the Treasury.
(3) A decision of the Attorney General to terminate the Fund shall not be subject to judicial review.
(d) AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS FOR EXPENDITURE.-Funds shall not be available for obligation unless an implementation plan as set forth in subsection (e) is submitted to each member of the Committees on the Judiciary and Appropriations of both the House of Representatives and the Senate and the Congress does not by law block or prevent the obligation of such funds. Such funds shall be treated as a reprogramming of funds under section 605 of the Department 2 of Commerce, Justice, and State, the Judiciary, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 1997, and shall not be available for obligation or expenditure except in compliance with the procedures set forth in that section and this section.
(e) IMPLEMENTATION PLAN.—The implementation plan shall include:
(1) the law enforcement assistance capability requirements and an explanation of law enforcement's recommended interface;
(2) the proposed actual and maximum capacity requirements for the number of simultaneous law enforcement communications intercepts, pen registers, and trap and trace devices that authorized law enforcement agencies may seek to conduct, set forth on a county-by-county basis for wireline services and on a market service area basis for wireless services, and the historical baseline of electronic surveillance activity upon which such capacity requirements are based;
So in law. Probably should be “congressional”. 2 So in law. Probably should be “Departments”.
(3) a prioritized list of carrier equipment, facilities, and services deployed on or before January 1, 1995, to be modified by carriers at the request of law enforcement based on its investigative needs;
(4) a projected reimbursement plan that estimates the cost for the coming fiscal year and for each fiscal year thereafter, based on the prioritization of law enforcement needs as outlined in 1(3), of modification by carriers of equipment, facilities and services, installed on or before January 1, 1995.
(f) ANNUAL REPORT TO THE CONGRESS.—The Attorney General shall submit to the Congress each year a report specifically detailing all deposits and expenditures made pursuant to 2 this Act in each fiscal year. This report shall be submitted to each member of the Committees on the Judiciary and Appropriations of both the House of Representatives and the Senate, and to the Speaker and minority leader of the House of Representatives and to the majority and minority leaders of the Senate, no later than 60 days after the end of each fiscal year.
Probably should have the word "paragraph” before “(3)". 2 Probably should read "to title I of".