Reauthorization Hearings on the Older Americans Act: Hearings Before the Subcommittee on Human Resources of the Committee on Education and Labor, House of Representatives, One Hundredth Congress, First Session, 1. daļa
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1987
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
activities additional Administration advocacy Agencies on Aging amendments appropriate Area Agencies assistance Association authorization believe benefits caregivers centers Chairman changes citizens Committee concern Congress continue contributions coordination cost demonstration Department designed direct effective efforts elderly establish Federal Fisk frail funds give going grant groups hospital House Human important in-home income increase individuals issue KILDEE limited living long term look major meals Medicare meet million minority nursing home nutrition Office Older Americans Act older persons ombudsman programs operation opportunity organizations participation percent planning population problems projects proposal question reauthorization receive recommend residents responsibility role senior senior centers served social SOLARZ Subcommittee TAUKE Thank tion Title unit
490. lappuse - The Congress hereby finds and declares that, in keeping with the traditional American concept of the inherent dignity of the individual in our democratic society, the older people of our Nation are entitled to, and it is the joint and several duty and responsibility of the governments of the United States and of the several States and their political subdivisions to assist our older people to secure equal opportunity to the full and...
11. lappuse - Professor, School of Social Work and Community Planning, University of Maryland at Baltimore...
141. lappuse - ... (1) secure and maintain maximum independence and dignity in a home environment for older persons capable of self-care with appropriate supportive services; and "(2) remove individual and social barriers to economic and personal independence for older persons. "DEFINITIONS "SEC. 302. For purposes of this title "(1) The term 'social services...
167. lappuse - Council shall (1) advise and assist the President on matters relating to the special needs of older Americans ; (2) assist the Commissioner in making the appraisal of needs required by section 402 ; (3^ review and evaluate, on a continuing basis. Federal policies regarding the aging and programs and other activities affecting the aging conducted or assisted by all Federal departments...
2. lappuse - It was once said that the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; and those who are in the shadows of life the sick, the needy and the handicapped.
72. lappuse - ... provide assurances that preference will be given to providing services to older individuals with the greatest economic or social needs, with particular attention to low-income minority individuals...
315. lappuse - Union), the US Forest Service, and the National Center on Black Aged. The National Urban League operates primarily In cities, while the National Council of Senior Citizens, the American...
165. lappuse - The National Association of State Units on Aging (NASUA) and The National Association of Area Agencies on...
319. lappuse - Urban league operates primarily in cities, while the National Council of Senior Citizens, the American Association of Retired Persons, the National Council on Aging, and the National Association for Hispanic Elderly operate mainly in urban and suburban areas, and in a few rural areas.