Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action alleged allowed amount appeal application assessed assignment authority Bank benefit bill bonds brought cause charge Circuit Court claim commissioners Congress constitution construction contract corporation course damages decision decree defendant delivered determined direct District District Court effect entered entitled error evidence execution fact filed finding follows further give given grant heirs held Illinois improvement interest Iowa issued January Judge judgment jurisdiction jury Justice land lien limited March matter ment Michigan Missouri notice officers Opinion original owner paid parties patent payment persons petition plaintiff possession present proceedings proper purchase question Railroad Railway reason received record reference respect river rule separate Stat Statement statute suit Supreme Court taken Texas thereof tion United vessel Wall writ York
519. lappuse - ... the highest court of a State in which a decision could be had, where is drawn in question the validity of a treaty or statute of the United States ; or where is drawn in question the validity of a statute of any State, on the ground of its being...
207. lappuse - The general assembly may vest the corporate authorities of cities, towns and villages with power to make local improvements by special assessment or by special taxation of contiguous property 'or otherwise. For all other corporate purposes, all municipal corporations may be vested with authority to assess and collect taxes; but such taxes shall be uniform in respect to persons and property within the jurisdiction of the body imposing the same.
319. lappuse - Congress may by law direct, shall be, and the same is hereby, for ever ceded and relinquished to the Congress and Government of the United States, in full and absolute right and exclusive jurisdiction, as well of soil as of persons residing or to reside thereon, pursuant to the tenor and effect of the eighth section of the first article of the constitution of the Government of the United States...
619. lappuse - further enacted, that upon all debts or 'sums certain, payable at a certain " time or otherwise, the jury on the trial of any issue, or on any inquisition " of damages, may, if they shall think fit...
338. lappuse - Such action shall be brought in the district court of the United States for the judicial district in which the plaintiff resides, or has his principal place of business, or, if he does not reside or have his principal place of business within any such judicial district, in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
505. lappuse - no suit, either at law or in equity, shall be maintainable in any court between an assignee in bankruptcy and a person claiming an adverse interest, touching any property or rights of property transferable to or vested in *such assignee, unless brought within two years from the time when the cause of action accrued for or against such assignee.
386. lappuse - that the laws of the several states, except where the constitution, treaties, or statutes of the United States shall otherwise require or provide, shall be regarded as rules of decision in trials at common law in the courts of the United States, in cases where they apply.
596. lappuse - Missouri, which could not be raised to the jurisdiction of the Circuit Court of the United States for the Western Division of the Western District; and that no question as to the jurisdiction of the latter court should be waived.
194. lappuse - The corporate authorities of counties, townships, school districts, cities, towns and villages may be vested with power to assess and collect taxes for corporate purposes, such taxes to be uniform in respect to persons and property, within the jurisdiction of the body imposing the same.