Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action alleged allowed amount answer application Argument Attorney authority Bank buildings carried cause channel charge Chattanooga Circuit Court claim Company complainant Congress considered Constitution construction contention contract counsel Court of Appeals decision defendants delivered denied determined direct District duty effect entered entitled evidence execution exist fact Federal filed follows further give given Government held Island issue jail John Johnson judgment jurisdiction JUSTICE land limitations lynching March matter means ment method motion National Bank notes notice officers operation Opinion owner paid parties patent payment persons petition petitioner plaintiff in error present prisoners proceedings question reason received record referred respect result river rule Secretary sheriff Shipp Stat Statement statute suit Supreme Court taken testimony thereof tion transportation trial U.S. Opinion United witnesses writ
6. lappuse - ... to be arrested and secured, and to cause notice of the arrest to be given to the executive authority making such demand, or to the agent of such authority appointed to receive the fugitive, and to cause the fugitive to be delivered to such agent when he shall appear.
247. lappuse - The existence of the reciprocal conditions aforesaid shall be determined by the President of the United States, by proclamation made from time to time, as the purposes of this Act may require...
232. lappuse - When the terms of an agreement have been reduced to writing by the parties, it is to be considered as containing all those terms, and therefore there can be between the parties and their representatives, or successors in interest, no evidence of the terms of the agreement other than the contents of the writing;, except in the following cases: "1.
338. lappuse - The interference of the courts with the performance of the ordinary duties of the executive departments of the Government, would be productive of nothing but mischief; and we are quite satisfied that such a power was never intended to be given to them.
245. lappuse - ... provides for reciprocity in the granting of copyright, by the terms of which agreement the United States of America may at its pleasure become a party to such...
5. lappuse - ... a copy of an indictment found, or an affidavit made, before a magistrate of any state or territory, charging the person demanded with having committed treason, felony, or other crime, certified as authentic by the governor or chief magistrate of the state or territory from whence the person so charged has fled, it shall be the duty of the executive authority of the state or territory to which such person has fled, to cause him to be arrested and secured...
127. lappuse - Am.Dec. 468, a ministerial act is thus defined: "A ministerial act may, perhaps, be defined to be one which a person performs in a given state of facts, in a prescribed manner, in obedience to the mandate of legal authority, without regard to, or the exercise of, his own judgment upon the propriety of the act being done.
249. lappuse - ... a case should not be withdrawn from the jury unless the conclusion follows, as a matter of law, that no recovery can be had upon any view which can be properly taken of the facts the evidence tends to establish.