Administrative Integrity of the Social Security Program: Hearing Before the Subcommittee on Social Security of the Committee on Finance, United States Senate, Ninety-sixth Congress, First Session, April 9, 1979
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1979 - 53 lappuses
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
$2 billion accuracy additional administrative costs agency AHART annual Associate Commissioner basic beneficiaries benefit amount benefit payments bonds Califano cents Chairman Committee complex CONGRESS THE LIBRARY correct credited disability insurance program earnings items earnings test effort eligibility employers error rates Esquire magazine example expenditures totaling Federal financed GAYLORD NELSON going identified improve individual involved latively legislative LIBRARY OF CONGRES LIBRARY OF CONGRESS market value Max Baucus ment million months operations overpayments par value payment errors percent person problems procedures quality assurance system question receive recipients reported retirement Ross rounding RSDI program savings Senator NELSON Senator WALLOP Social Security Administration social security benefit social security number social security program social security system Social Security's STANFORD G Subcommittee on Social supplemental security income Survivors Insurance telecommunications network testimony tion unposted earnings wages waste workers
5. lappuse - Mr. Chairman and members of the Subcommittee: I am grateful for this opportunity to appear before you today.
41. lappuse - Hearings Before the Subcommittee on Oversight of the House Committee on Ways and Means, 101st Cong., 2d Sess.
49. lappuse - SSA's Program for Reviewing the Disability of Persons With Mental Impairments (Apr. 7, 1983); and testimony before the Subcommittee on Social Security, House Committee on Ways and Means on SSA's Program for Reviewing the Continuing Eligibility of Disabled Persons (June 30, 1983).
48. lappuse - Office, before the Subcommittee on Oversight, House Committee on Ways and Means, on profitability of the property/casualty insurance industry, Washington, DC, April 28, 1986.
22. lappuse - THE OLD-AGE AND SURVIVORS INSURANCE (OASI) AND DISABILITY INSURANCE (DI) TRUST FUNDS...
52. lappuse - ... access to agency facilities, records, and payment systems. SSA records contain private, personal information necessary to support present and future Social Security benefits, and thus constitute a valuable national resource that must be safeguarded against alteration, destruction, abuse, or misuse. To assure the Congress, the public and beneficiaries that these records are properly safeguarded, adequate management support and an aggressive security program must be maintained. Since 1976 we have...
32. lappuse - In the supplemental security income and Aid to Families with Dependent Children programs, similar quality assurance systems have helped us to greatly reduce payment errors over the last few years.
45. lappuse - ... failed to (1) use audit trail features within the system, (2) incorporate user identification control techniques within the system, and (3) always lock terminals during non-working hours.