Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
activity agent Amendment application appointment appropriation approved Assistant Atty authorized Board branches Bureau cent certification charge chief Civil Service Commission classified classified service clerk commissioners compensation competitive Congress District of Columbia duties efficiency eligible employed employees employment engineer entered establishment examination excepted executive Executive order expert Federal Female field force Government Group head held increased inspector July June 30 laborers Male mechanic ment military Minute of commission mission months naval Navy necessary operator Opinion Panama passed perform period person political positions Post Office postmaster preference President promotion qualified reasons received recommendation regard regulations reinstatement removal request Resigned Result retirement rules salary Secretary selection separated served soldiers Stat statute superintendent temporary tests tion transfer United vacancy Washington women
14. lappuse - The head of each department is authorized to prescribe regulations, not inconsistent with law, for the government of his department, the conduct of its officers and clerks, the distribution and performance of its business, and the custody, use and preservation of the records, papers and property appertaining to it.
3. lappuse - Eighth, that notice shall be given in writing by the appointing power to said commission of the persons selected for appointment or employment from among those who have been examined, of the place of residence of such persons, of the rejection of any such persons after probation...
23. lappuse - No officer in any branch of the public service, or any other person whose salary, pay, or emoluments are fixed by law or regulations, shall receive any additional pay, extra allowance, or compensation in any form whatever for the disbursement of public money, or for any other service or duty whatever, unless the same is authorized by law, and the appropriation therefor explicitly states that it is for such additional pay, extra allowance, or compensation...
14. lappuse - The President is authorized to prescribe such regulations for the admission of persons into the civil service of the United States as may best promote the efficiency thereof, and ascertain the fitness of each candidate in respect to age, health, character, knowledge, and ability for the branch of the service into which he seeks to enter...
71. lappuse - That no person in the classified civil service of the United States shall be removed therefrom except 'Amended July 28, 1914. REMOVALS AND REDUCTIONS. for such cause as will promote the efficiency of said service and for reasons given in writing, and the person whose removal is sought shall have notice of the same and of any charges preferred against him, and be furnished with a copy thereof, and also be allowed a reasonable time for personally answering the same in writing...
xxxviii. lappuse - Such examinations shall be practical in their character, and so far as may be shall relate to those matters which will fairly test the relative capacity and fitness of the persons examined to discharge the duties of the service into which they seek to be appointed.
21. lappuse - No part of the money appropriated by any enactment of Congress shall, in the absence of express authorization by Congress, be used directly or indirectly to pay for any personal service, advertisement, telegram, telephone, letter, printed or written matter, or other device. Intended or designed to Influence In any manner a Member of Congress, to favor or oppose, by vote or otherwise, an;- legislation or appropriation by Congress...
12. lappuse - Department would jeopardize the health of fellow clerks, and in exceptional and meritorious cases, where a clerk or employee is personally ill, and where to limit the annual leave to thirty days in any one calendar year would work peculiar hardship, it may be extended, in the discretion of the head of the Department, with pay, not exceeding thirty days in any one case or in any one calendar year.
1. lappuse - Senate, three persons, not more than two of whom shall be adherents of the same party, as Civil Service Commissioners, and said three commissioners shall constitute the United States Civil Service Commission.