Communications Satellite Legislation: Hearings Before the Committee on Aeronautical and Space Sciences, United States Senate, Eighty-seventh Congress, Second Session, on S. 2650, a Bill to Amend the National Aeronautical and Space Act of 1958, as Amended, with Respect to Space Communication Facilities, and for Other Purposes; and S. 2814, a Bill to Provide for the Establishment, Ownership, Operation, and Regulation of Commercial Communications Satellite System, and for Other Purposes
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1962 - 485 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
activities administration agencies agreements altitude American authorized base basis believe bill cable carriers CHAIRMAN channels Commission committee common carriers communications satellite communications satellite system communications system concerned corporation correct cost countries Defense Department DINGMAN directors earth economic effect ENGSTROM equipment establishment existing facilities fact Federal field foreign going Government ground stations hearings important industry interest investment involved KATZENBACH launch matter McGHEE mean ment million munications NASA necessary negotiations objectives operation orbit ownership participation permitted position possible present President problem profit proposed PUCKETT question radio reason receiving referred regulation responsibility RUBEL satellite communications Senator KEFAUVER Senator SYMINGTON space statement synchronous talking technical telephone Thank thing tion understand United
7. lappuse - States of America in Congress assembled, TITLE ISHORT TITLE, DECLARATION OF POLICY, AND DEFINITIONS SHORT TITLE SEC. 101. This Act may be cited as the "Communications Satellite Act of 1962". DECLARATION OF POLICY AND PURPOSE SEC. 102. (a) The Congress hereby declares that it is the policy of
11. lappuse - (b) Included in the activities authorized to the corporation for accomplishment of the purposes indicated in subsection (a) of this section, are, among others not specifically named (1) conduct or contract for research and development related to its mission: (2) acquire the physical facilities and hardware necessary to its operations, including communications satellites,
340. lappuse - this Act, or other applicable legislation. The payment as a return on the appropriation investment in each fiscal year shall be equal to the computed average interest rate payable by the Treasury upon its total marketable public obligations as of the beginning of said fiscal year applied to said appropriation investment,
116. lappuse - In order to achieve' the objectives and to carry out the purposes of this act, the organization is organized to, 1, plan, initiate, construct, own, manage, operate itself or in conjunction with foreign government or business entities a commercial communications satellite
442. lappuse - of importance to CWA. The administration bill provides for broad Government regulation and supervision of the satellite system, the Corporation, the carriers, and related matters in order to achieve the objectives and to carry out the purposes of the
468. lappuse - developed countries and areas," "efficient and economical use of the electromagnetic frequency spectrum," and "reflection of the benefits of this new technology in both quality of services and charges for such services." How many managements and regulators would this enterprise have under the terms of
12. lappuse - shall have jurisdiction, upon petition of the Attorney General of the United States, to grant such equitable relief as may be necessary or appropriate to prevent or terminate such conduct or threat. (b) Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as relieving any person of any punishment, liability, or sanction which may be imposed otherwise than under this Act.
155. lappuse - the policy of the United States to establish, In conjunction and in cooperation with other countries, as expeditiously as practicable a commercial communications satellite system, as part of an improved global communications network, which will be responsive to public needs and national objectives, which will serve the communication needs of the United States and other countries, and which will contribute to world peace and
152. lappuse - Uinted Nations should provide a focal point for international cooperation in the peaceful exploration and use of outer space, 1. Calls upon States launching objects into orbit or beyond to furnish information promptly to the Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space, through the Secretary General, for
342. lappuse - including any assignment, substitution of parties, or subcontract executed or entered into thereunder; and (3) the term "made", when used in relation to any invention, means the conception or first actual reduction to practice of such invention.