Authority and Rules of Senate Committees, 1995-96: A Compilation of the Authority and Rules of Senate and Joint Committees, and Related Materials
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1995 - 311 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
accordance action activities additional Administration agency amended appear applicable appointed appropriate approval authorized bill closed Commission Commit committee or subcommittee Committee staff complaint conduct confidential Congress considered constitute consultants continue copy counsel decision deems designated determines Director documents duties employee employing exceed executive expenses Federal filed final fund Government hearing board House individual initial intelligence issued Joint Committee least Legislative majority March material matter measure meeting ment mittee necessary notice Office otherwise paragraph party period person personnel present President prior procedures proceeding proposed pursuant question quorum Ranking Minority Member received recommendation record referred relating Representatives request resolution respect Rights Select Committee Senate serve session specified staff Standing Rules Stat statement subcommittee subpoena subsection taken taking testimony thereof tion United unless Vice Chairman violation vote witness written
189. lappuse - ... to require, by subpena or otherwise, the attendance of such witnesses and the production of such books, papers, and documents, to administer such oaths, to take such testimony, to procure such printing and binding, and to make such expenditures as it deems advisable.
249. lappuse - ... no testimony or other information compelled under the order (or any information directly or indirectly derived from such testimony or other information) may be used against the witness in any criminal case, except a prosecution for perjury, giving a false statement, or otherwise failing to comply with the order.
309. lappuse - An action shall not be instituted upon a claim against the United States for money damages for injury or loss of property or personal injury or death caused by the negligent or wrongful act or omission of any employee of the Government while acting within the scope of his office or employment, unless the claimant shall have first presented the claim 15 CFR Subtitle A (1-1-97 Edition) to the appropriate Federal agency...
276. lappuse - In making the foregoing determinations, the court shall review the whole record or those parts of it cited by a party, and due account shall be taken of the rule of prejudicial error.
35. lappuse - Pensions, to which committee shall be referred all proposed legislation, messages, petitions, memorials, and other matters relating to the following subjects: 1.
55. lappuse - ... is authorized to hold such hearings, to sit and act at such times and places during the sessions, recesses, and adjourned periods of the...
149. lappuse - ... 1. Measures relating to education, labor, health, and public welfare. 2. Aging. 3. Agricultural colleges. 4. Arts and humanities. 5. Biomedical research and development. 6. Child labor. 7. Convict labor and the entry of goods made by convicts into interstate commerce. 8. Domestic activities of the American National Red Cross. 9. Equal employment opportunity. 10.
157. lappuse - Such committee shall also (A) make a continuing study of the organization and operation of the Congress of the United States and shall recommend improvements in such organization and operation with a view toward strengthening the Congress, simplifying its operations, improving its relationships with other branches of the United States Government, and enabling it better to meet its responsibilities under the Constitution...
189. lappuse - Vacancies in the membership of the joint committee shall not affect the power of the remaining members to execute the functions of the joint committee, and shall be filled in the same manner as in the case of the original selection. The joint committee shall select a chairman and a vice chairman from among Its members.