Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
State Railroad Control: With a History of Its Development in Iowa
Frank Haigh Dixon
Priekšskatījums nav pieejams - 1896
Board of Railroad Burlington car-load rate cars Cedar Rapids cent Chapter charge Chicago coal collect or receive Commis Commission common carrier competition complaint comply connecting cost Council Bluffs crossings dealers decision District Court Dubuque duty Dyersville enforce established facilities favor filed fixed Fort Dodge furnish Governor Granger movement granted haul held Illinois Central injunction interests interstate commerce investigation Iowa Iowa Supreme Court Iowa's jobbers joint rates jurisdiction Keokuk Le Mars legislation legislature matter maximum rates ment miles Missouri River Moines Moravia notice operating opinion parties passengers person or persons petition points prescribed presented proper provisions rail railroad car Railroad Commissioners railroad company railroad corporation Railway Company reasonable refused regulation rendered Report road Rock Island schedule of rates Sect shipment shippers sioners special rates Spencer Smith stations statute Supreme Court tariff thereof tion traffic unjust discrimination unreasonable violation
232. lappuse - Act, and shall keep itself informed as to the manner and method in which the same is conducted, and shall have the right to obtain from such common carriers full and complete information necessary to enable the Commission to perform the duties and carry out the objects for which it was created...
241. lappuse - ... property, franchises, and equipments; the number of employees, and the salaries paid each class; the amounts expended for improvements each year, how expended, and the character of such improvements; the earnings and receipts from each branch of business and from all sources; the operating and other expenses; the balances of profit and loss, and a complete exhibit of the financial operations of the carrier each year, including an annual balance sheet.
230. lappuse - ... act, matter or thing in this act prohibited or declared to be unlawful...
233. lappuse - ... it shall be the duty of the commission to investigate the matters complained of in such manner and by such means as it shall deem proper.
227. lappuse - That it shall be unlawful for any common carrier subject to the provisions of this act to enter into any contract, agreement, or combination with any other common carrier or carriers for the pooling of freights of different and competing railroads, or to divide between them the aggregate or net proceeds of the earnings of such railroads, or any portion thereof...
231. lappuse - That any common carrier subject to the provisions of this act, or, whenever such common carrier is a corporation, any director or officer thereof, or any receiver, trustee, lessee, agent, or person acting for or employed by such corporation...
235. lappuse - ... that the lawful order or requirement of said Commission drawn in question has been violated or disobeyed, it shall be lawful for such court to issue a writ of injunction or other proper process, mandatory or otherwise, to restrain such common carrier from further continuing such violation or disobedience of such order or requirement of said Commission, and enjoining obedience to the same...
235. lappuse - States sitting in equity in the judicial district in which the common carrier complained of has its principal office, or in which the violation or disobedience of such order or requirement shall happen, alleging such violation or disobedience, as the case may be; and the said court shall have power to hear and determine the matter, on such short notice to the common carrier complained of as the court shall deem reasonable; and such notice may be served on such common carrier, his or its officers,...
233. lappuse - That any person, firm, corporation, or association, or any mercantile, agricultural, or manufacturing society, or any body politic or municipal organization complaining of anything done or omitted to be done by any common carrier subject to the provisions of this act in contravention of the provisions thereof...
241. lappuse - State, shall charge, collect, demand, or receive more than a fair and reasonable rate of toll or compensation, for the transportation of passengers or freight, of any description, or for the use and transportation of any railroad car upon its track, or any of the branches thereof, or upon any railroad within this State, which it has the right, license, or permission to use, operate, or control...