Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
acres activities additional Administration Affairs agencies Alaska amount appropriation areas Assistant authority believe Bureau CHAIRMAN coal committee completed concerned Congress conservation construction cost course Department directed Director economic EDMONDSON effective engineering established estimate Federal field figures fiscal follows Forest fuel funds Geological Survey give going Government HIBBARD hope important improvement increase Indian industry interest Interior involved JOHNSON land legislation look major maps matter means meet million mineral mining MOORE National Park natural needs objection Office operation PECORA percent planning plant present problems production projects proposed public lands question RASMUSSEN record recreation reserves responsibility Secretary Service staff statement supply TAYLOR Thank things tion United University utilization
7. lappuse - ... to conserve the scenery and the natural and historic objects and the wildlife therein and to provide for the enjoyment of the same in such manner and by such means as will leave them unimpaired for the enjoyment of future generations.
109. lappuse - Council shall (1) advise the President and the Congress on matters relating to historic preservation; recommend measures to coordinate activities of Federal, State, and local agencies and private institutions and individuals relating to historic preservation...
42. lappuse - The Congress declares that the maintenance of the national economy at a high level is vital to the best interests of the United States, but that some of our...
5. lappuse - ... power requirements of the utilities as well as the steam and power requirements of the District. The District would own a back-pressure turbine and the desalting plant. This request for authorization is based on the comprehensive year-long technical and economic study jointly sponsored by MWD, AEC, and OSW. In addition, it provides a prime opportunity effectively to utilize, in a timely fashion the technology developed through basic research and engineering development program sponsored by OSW...
109. lappuse - Act authorized the Secretary of the Interior to "expand and maintain a national register of districts, sites, buildings, structures, and objects significant in American history, architecture, archeology, and culture" (as well as engineering, added in a later amendment).
9. lappuse - The Commission was created by an Act of Congress on August 13, 1946, and it held its first meeting on April 15, 1947. Three Commissioners were authorized and it was provided "that not more than two members shall be of the same political party.
8. lappuse - Longer range projects involve creative plans to improve the beauty of the Mall and other parks. A development plan for the central area of Washington has had general acceptance by the National Capital Planning Commission and the Commission of Fine Arts. Detailed plans for specific elements of this overall plan are now being prepared. We are working on various plans to better serve our visitors : such as, the restoration of Ford's Theatre ; visitor information stations where, incidentally, we...
15. lappuse - It is expected that these papers will have significant value in guiding current and projected research efforts toward most profitable and urgent lines of water research investigation. In both 1965 and 1966, the Office assembled panels composed of outstanding scientists, engineers, and laymen experienced in public affairs related to water resources to review the progress and prospects of the program and provide advice and recommendations for improvement. The reports and recommendations of these panels...
41. lappuse - Thank you very much, Mr. Chairman. It is a real pleasure to be here before this committee again.
4. lappuse - There are many calls to action, but specific proposals, however worthy as individual items, seem too partial, palliative, negative: ban the bomb, tear down the billboards, give the Hindus contraceptives and tell them to eat their sacred cows. The simplest solution to any suspect change is, of course, to stop it, or, better yet, to revert to a romanticized past: make those ugly gasoline stations look like Anne Hathaway's cottage or (in the Far West) like ghost-town saloons. The "wilderness area...