Copyright Law Revision: Hearings, Ninetieth Congress, First Session, Pursuant to S. Res. 37, on S.597
United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on the Judiciary. Subcommittee on Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
amendment American amount appear ASCAP Association authors believe bill broadcasting cents Chairman clause committee composers concerned Congress copies copyright law copyright owner cost course created distribution economic educational effect exemption existing fact fair Government grant hearings House important increase industry infringement institutions instructional interest issue jukebox legislation license limited machine manufacturing material matter means million music publishers notice Office operators paid payment percent performance period person phonorecord played practical present printing problem profit programs proposed protection provision question radio reasonable received record companies Register represent revision royalty schools Senator BURDICK songs sound statement stations statutory teachers teaching television term tion transmission United University users WQED writers York
451. lappuse - ... (1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes; (2) the nature of the copyrighted work; (3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and (4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
337. lappuse - The notice, which you have been pleased to take of my labours, had it been early, had been kind : but it has been delayed till I am indifferent, and cannot enjoy it ; till I am solitary, and cannot impart it ; till I am known, and do not want it.
572. lappuse - Preliminary report of the Subcommittee on Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights of the Senate Committee on the Judiciary, 86th Cong., 1st sess.
684. lappuse - Subject to the requirement that such measures are not applied in a manner which would constitute a means of arbitrary or unjustifiable discrimination between countries where the same conditions prevail, or a disguised restriction on international trade...
561. lappuse - derivative work" is a work based upon one or more preexisting works, such as a translation, musical arrangement, dramatization, fictionalization, motion picture version, sound recording, art reproduction, abridgment, condensation, or any other form in which a work may be recast, transformed, or adapted.
650. lappuse - The sole interest of the United States and the primary object in conferring the monopoly lie in the general benefits derived by the public from the labors of authors.
337. lappuse - Is not a Patron, my Lord, one who looks with unconcern on a man struggling for life in the water, and when he has reached ground, encumbers him with help...
270. lappuse - To display" a work means to show a copy of it, either directly or by means of a film, slide, television image, or any other device or process or, in the case of a motion picture or other audiovisual work, to show individual images nonsequentially. A work is "fixed...
584. lappuse - Subject to sections 107 through 118, the owner of copyright under this title has the exclusive rights to do and to authorize any of the following: (1) to reproduce the copyrighted work in copies or plionorecords; (2) to prepare derivative works based upon the copyrighted work; (3) to distribute copies or phonorecords of the copyrighted work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending...