Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
agencies agents agricultural altho American amount arrival average banks become better birth cause cent Chinese cities classes colonies coming communities considerable Croatians earnings East eastern Europeans economic effect emigration employed employees employment engaged English entire especially established Europe existence fact families farm farmers father followed foreign foreign-born Government grants greater groups hand Hebrews households houses immi Immigration Commission important industrial influence institutions Italians Italy Japanese labor land larger largest less living male manufacturing ment methods mining native native-born natural negroes North occupations organizations period permanent persons Poles political population possible practically present proportion question races recent immigrants regarding representative result rooms seasonal secure shown social South South Italians southern and eastern speaking standard supply tion United usually wage-earners wages weekly women workers York
344. lappuse - The United States of America and the Emperor of China cordially recognize the inherent and inalienable right of man to change his home and allegiance, and also the mutual advantage of the free migration and emigration of their citizens and subjects respectively from the one country to the other for purposes of curiosity, of trade, or as permanent residents.
363. lappuse - And provided further. That skilled labor may be imported if labor of like kind unemployed can not be found in this country: And provided further. That the provisions of this law applicable to contract labor shall not be held to exclude professional actors, artists, lecturers, singers, ministers of any religious denomination, professors for colleges or seminaries, persons belonging to any...
412. lappuse - ... the duty, necessity, or propriety of the unlawful assaulting or killing of any officer or officers, either of specific individuals or of officers generally, of the Government of the United States...
404. lappuse - ... no vessel shall be granted clearance papers pending the determination of the question of the liability to the payment of such fine, and in the event such fine is imposed, while it remains unpaid, nor shall such fine be remitted or refunded: Provided, That clearance may be granted prior to the determination of such questions upon the deposit of a sum sufficient to cover such fine and costs, such sum to be named by the Secretary of Commerce and Labor.
345. lappuse - Whenever in the opinion of the Government of the United States, the coming of Chinese laborers to the United States, or their residence therein, affects or threatens to affect the interests of that country, or to endanger the good order of the said country or of any locality within the territory thereof, the Government of China agrees that the Government of the United States may regulate, limit, or suspend such coming or residence, but may not absolutely prohibit it.
413. lappuse - When construing and enforcing the provisions of this Act, the act, omission, or failure of any officer, agent, or other person acting for or employed by any...
410. lappuse - Provided further, That nothing herein contained shall be construed to alter the mode of appointing commissioners of immigration at the several ports of the United States as provided by the sundry civil appropriation Act approved August eighteenth, eighteen hundred and ninety-four, or the official status of such commissioners heretofore appointed.
420. lappuse - Columbia, any woman or girl for the purpose of prostitution or debauchery, or for any other immoral purpose, or with the intent and purpose to induce, entice, or compel such woman or girl to become a prostitute or to give herself up to debauchery, or to engage in any other immoral practice...
405. lappuse - Labor, conditioned that such alien shall be produced when required for a hearing or hearings in regard to the charge upon which he has been taken into custody, and for deportation if he shall be found to be unlawfully within the United States.
424. lappuse - Act, the act, omission, or failure of any officer, agent, or other person acting for or employed by any corporation, company, society, or association, within the scope of his employment or office, shall in every case be also deemed to be the act, omission, or failure of such corporation, company, society, or association as well as that of the person.