Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
accordance activities addition American Antarctic Continent Antarctic Treaty Antarctica arctic Argentina Article Australia bases become British Byrd century Chile Chilean Chilean Antarctic claims climate coast concerning conducted conference considered Consultative continental Contracting Parties cooperation countries covered Defense deposited discovered east effective established exist expedition exploitation exploration feet fish force formed Frozen Continent future geographical Germany grow iceberg important included interest islands kilometers Kingdom known krill Land limits living located longitude maintained March measures meetings meridians meters miles military mineral mountainous Norway O'Higgins observations Ocean organizations participate peaceful penguins period polar position possible present treaty pressures reached region relating representatives Ross scientific seals Second sectors ship south latitude South Pole southern sovereignty Soviet species station territorial tion took United Weddell whale Zealand
114. lappuse - XIII shall be entitled to appoint representatives to participate in the meetings referred to in paragraph 1 of the present Article, during such time as that Contracting Party demonstrates its interest in Antarctica by conducting substantial scientific research activity there such as the establishment of a scientific station or the despatch of a scientific expedition.
114. lappuse - Parties whose representatives were entitled to participate in the meetings held to consider those measures. 5. Any or all of the rights established in the present treaty may be exercised as from the date of entry into force of the treaty whether or not any measures facilitating the exercise of such rights have been proposed, considered or approved as provided in this article.
111. lappuse - In order to promote the objectives and ensure the observance of the provisions of the present Treaty, each Contracting Party whose representatives are entitled to participate in the meetings referred to in Article IX of the Treaty shall have the right to designate observers to carry out any inspection provided for by the present Article. Observers shall be nationals of the Contracting Parties which designate them.
109. lappuse - Nothing contained in the present treaty shall be interpreted as: (a) a renunciation by any Contracting Parties of previously asserted rights of or claims to territorial sovereignty in Antarctica; (b) a renunciation or diminution by any Contracting Party of any basis of claim to territorial sovereignty in Antarctica...
110. lappuse - ... contracting parties shall be held as soon as practicable to review the operation of the treaty.
112. lappuse - Treaty, and members of the staffs accompanying any such persons, shall be subject only to the jurisdiction of the Contracting Party of which they are nationals in respect of all acts or omissions occurring while they are in Antarctica for the purpose of exercising their functions.
111. lappuse - The provisions of the present Treaty shall apply to the area south of 60° South Latitude, including all ice shelves, but nothing in the present Treaty shall prejudice or in any way affect the rights, or the exercise of the rights, of any State under international law with regard to the high seas within that area.
107. lappuse - Recognizing that it is in the interest of all mankind that Antarctica shall continue forever to be used exclusively for peaceful purposes and shall not become the scene or object of international discord; Acknowledging the substantial contributions to scientific knowledge resulting from international cooperation in scientific investigation in Antarctica...
116. lappuse - ... has been received by the depositary Government. Any such Contracting Party from which no notice of ratification is received within a period of two years from the date of entry into force of the modification or amendment in accordance with the...
115. lappuse - Parties shall consult among themselves with a view to having the dispute resolved by negotiation, inquiry, mediation, conciliation, arbitration, judicial settlement or other peaceful means of their own choice. 2. Any dispute of this character not so resolved shall, with the consent, in each case, of all parties to the dispute, be referred to the International Court of Justice for settlement...