Compilation of Selected Surface Transportation Laws: Title 23, U.S.C.--Highways : Subtitle I of Title 49, U.S.C.--Department of Transportation : Subtitle III of Title 49, U.S.C.--General and Intermodal Programs : Subtitle VI of Title 49, U.S.C.--Motor Vehicle and Driver Programs : Subtitle VIII of Title 49, U.S.C.--Pipelines : Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1991 : Selected Provisions of the Surface Transportation and Uniform Relocation Assistance Act of 1987 : Selected Provisions of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 : Section 108(b) of the Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1956 : Titles II and III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 : Miscellaneous Provisions
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1995 - 853 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
accordance action activities additional Administrator agency agreement allocated Amendments amount applicable apportioned apportionment appropriate approved assistance authorized bridge carrier carry chapter commercial motor vehicle Committee completion conduct consider construction container cost County demonstration Department described determines effect eligible enactment ending enforcement established existing expended facility Federal Federal share Federal-aid financing fiscal fuel funds Government grant hazardous highway implementation improvement individuals Interstate issued lands later least less limitation located mass material means ment necessary needs obligation officer operation organization paragraph percent period person pipeline prescribed pursuant rail reasonable receive regulations respect retary revision roads Route safety Secretary of Transportation September 30 sources standards submit subsection term testing tion title 23 traffic Transit Trust Fund United United States Code urban violation
790. lappuse - ... the critical importance of restoring and maintaining environmental quality to the overall welfare and development of man, declares that it is the continuing policy of the Federal Government, in cooperation with State and local governments, and other concerned public and private organizations, to use all practicable means and measures, including financial and technical...
790. lappuse - To declare a national policy which will encourage productive and enjoyable harmony between man and his environment; to promote efforts which will prevent or eliminate damage to the environment and biosphere and stimulate the health and welfare of man; to enrich the understanding of the ecological systems and natural resources important to the Nation ; and to establish a Council on Environmental Quality.
412. lappuse - Any person whose rights secured by the provisions of this title have been infringed by any violation of this title may bring a civil action in a district court of the United States for such relief (including injunctions) as may be appropriate.
19. lappuse - Onethird in the ratio which the area of each State bears to the total area of all the States; one-third in the ratio which the population of each State bears to the total population of all the States...
5. lappuse - It is the national policy that to the maximum extent possible the procedures utilized for implementing this Act shall encourage the drastic minimization of paperwork and interagency decision procedures, and the best use of available manpower and funds, so as to prevent needless duplication and unnecessary delays at all levels of government.
198. lappuse - Such depositions may be taken before any judge of any court of the United States, or any commissioner of a circuit, or any clerk of a district or circuit court, or any chancellor, justice, or judge of a supreme or superior court, mayor or chief magistrate of a city, judge of a county court, or court of common pleas of any of the United States...
85. lappuse - Act of 1 968, the Secretary shall not approve any program or project (other than any project for a park road or parkway under section 204 of this title) which requires the use of any publicly owned land from a public park, recreation area, or wildlife and waterfowl refuge of national. State, or local significance as determined by the Federal. State, or local officials having jurisdiction thereof...
160. lappuse - Secretary, but not exceeding $100 per day, including travel time, and while so serving away from their homes or regular places of business they may be allowed travel expenses, including per diem in lieu of subsistence, as authorized by section 5 of the Administrative Expenses Act of 1946 (5 USC 73b-2) for persons in the Government service employed intermittently.
657. lappuse - Fund as is not, in his judgment, required to meet current withdrawals. Such investments may be made only in interest-bearing obligations of the United States or in obligations guaranteed as to both principal and interest by the United States.
1. lappuse - construction" means the supervising, inspecting, actual building, and all expenses incidental to the construction or reconstruction of a highway, including locating, surveying, and mapping (including the establishment of temporary and permanent geodetic markers in accordance with specifications of the Coast and Geodetic Survey in the Department of Commerce), costs of rightsof-way, and elimination of hazards of railway-grade crossings.