Investigation of the Tennessee Valley Authority. Hearings Before the Joint Committee on the Investigation of the Tennessee Valley Authority, Congress of the United States, Seventy-fifth Congress, Third Session, Pursuant to Public Resolution No. 83, Creating a Special Joint Congressional Committee to Make an Investigation of the Tennessee Valley Authority: 1938
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1939
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
A. E. MORGAN action activities administration agencies agree agreement agricultural allocation approved Arthur Arthur Morgan asked assistant associates basis believe Berry BIDDLE Board called chairman charges claims committee companies concerning conference Congress construction contract cooperation copy cost direct directors discussed distribution effect effort electric engineer evidence experience facts Federal fertilizer flood further give going Government hearing important indicated industrial interest issue June land leases letter Lilienthal lines manager marble March matter meeting memorandum Norris operation opinion plant position possible practical prepared present President projects properties proposed purchase question rates reason record referred relations Representative Representative WOLVERTON request respect responsibility Senator situation staff statement suggested taken Tennessee Valley Authority testimony tion United utility
124. lappuse - Arizona, and 5. WHEREAS, nothing in this contract shall be construed as affecting the obligations of the United States to Indian tribes, 6. NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants herein contained, the parties hereto agree as follows, to wit: DELIVERY OF WATER 7.
184. lappuse - Such bonds shall ix> fully and unconditionally guaranteed both as to interest a7id principal by the United States, and such guaranty shall be expressed on the face thereof, and such bonds shall be lawful investments, and may be accepted as security, for all fiduciary, trust, and public funds, the investment or deposit of which shall be under the authority or control of the United States or any officer or officers thereof.
284. lappuse - All members of the board shall be persons who profess a belief in the feasibility and wisdom of this Act.
13. lappuse - ... agency thereof; and the board is further authorized, whenever an opportunity is afforded, to provide and operate facilities for the generation of electric energy in order to avoid the waste of water power, to transmit and market such power as in this act provided, and thereby, so far as may be practicable, to assist in liquidating the cost or aid in the maintenance of the projects of the Authority.
271. lappuse - That a joint committee of three members of the senate, and five members of the house of representatives, be appointed...
190. lappuse - This policy is further declared to be that the projects herein provided for shall be considered primarily as for the benefit of the people of the section as a whole and particularly the domestic and rural consumers to whom the power can economically be made available, and accordingly that sale to and use by industry shall be a secondary purpose, to be utilized principally to secure a sufficiently high load factor and revenue returns which will permit domestic and rural use at the lowest possible...
184. lappuse - Treasury is authorized to use as a public debt transaction the proceeds from the sale of any securities issued under the Second Liberty Bond Act, as amended, and the purposes for which securities may be issued under such Act, as amended, are extended to include any purchases of such notes and obligations.
3. lappuse - Committee shall be paid one-half from the contingent fund of the Senate and one-half from the contingent fund of the House of Representatives, upon vouchers signed by the Chairman of the Committee or by any member of the Committee duly authorized by the Chairman.
437. lappuse - President that the conference you have arranged is in the nature of an appeal from the decision of the Board...
184. lappuse - Corporation's bonds hereunder. The Secretary of the Treasury may, at any time, sell any of the bonds of the Corporation acquired by him under this section. All redemptions, purchases, and sales by the Secretary of the Treasury of the bonds of the Corporation shall be treated as publicdebt transactions of the United States.